Chapter 38- Battle Pt. 2

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"How was living in luxury with the love of my life?" Obito hissed. Kakashi was still in shock from his revelation about his childhood friend.

"H-how.."

"How what Kakashi? You have to be more specific." Obito mocked. Kakashi furrowed his eyebrows.

"I thought you were dead."

"I was...almost. It's a story for another time. What I want to finish is what we started." Kakashi held his kunai tightly, his hand shaking slightly.

"Do you realize how badly Mina and I were pained when you 'died'?! How much she cried?! Have you lost your damn mind?! You come back here over a decade later and destroy the home we grew up in?! The same day Mina accomplishes your dream?! Just...WHY?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?" Kakashi exclaimed. Obito glared at Kakashi, their matching sharingan eyes blazing.

"Because I want her for myself. You killed Rin, you stole Mina, and now I'm going to get rid of you. Mina and I can rebuild Konoha together after she gets rid of that idiot Danzo. I had his people destroy this village so I didn't have to extract the tailed beast again. I want Mina alive. I want her for myself." Kakashi thought about what he said.

"Did you just say-"

"Yes I did. For the top of our class, you're quite slow Kakashi. I killed Minato and Kushina. I unleashed the Nine-tailed beast twelve years ago."

"NO!" Kakashi and Obito stood to see Itachi supporting Minako. Tears billowed down her cheeks and her teeth chattered from her heart shattering.

"I LOVED YOU OBITO! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME! HOW COULD YOU TAKE AWAY MY FAMILY!" Obito felt a little guilty knowing that Minako found out the truth but it was something that didn't matter. She would be joining him no matter what she had to say. Minako tore away from Itachi and came after Obito lightning fast. Obito was quick enough that he moved away in time.

"YOU KILLED MY SISTER!! AFTER EVERYTHING...AFTER ALL THIS TIME OF YOU TELLING ME YOU CARED FOR ME! AFTER OUR FRIENDSHIP...YOU BETRAY ME!!" Minako was losing it, Kurama was too tired from the last fight to give much chakra. Minako was basically running on empty and pure emotions.

"Stop fighting me Mina! I did it for us! I did it so we could accomplish our dreams together." Mina's kunai and Obito's were clashing, sparks setting off while Itachi and Kakashi listened in.

"You killed my family, you slaughtered my people...all so you could come into power?" Mina gritted. Obito knocked away the kunai and slammed Mina on the ground, overpowering her.

"Minako this world is full of the corrupted and the evil. You are my only light in this darkness and I wanted to keep you away from the poisoned many. I wanted you with me as we worked together to rid the world of this toxicity...of the plagued. Don't you see Mina? Everything I have ever done was because I love you and I want to be with you...forever." Her violet eyes went open wide, the tears still pouring down her red cheeks. Kakashi rammed into Obito, knocking him off of Mina.

"Get. Off. My. Wife." Kakashi had a bolt of electricity run through his fingers before attempting to hit Obito, getting a clone instead. Itachi immediately ran to get Mina who definitely felt an ache in her bones.

"Itachi, watch over Mina. This battle is between two old friends." Kakashi and Obito began to face off for Mina, both being on equal terms. Itachi nodded before bandaging up a deep cut in her forearm. She looked in the direction of the village center before hearing screams. Mina broke away from Itachi before closing her eyes and absorbing the nature energy around her. After a minute or two, she opened her eyes to reveal a golden iris...the eye of the toad. She made a few hand signs before biting her thumb and drawing blood. She placed her hand on the ground, only to be standing in front of a four stories tall toad a second later and being surrounded by dozens of toads.