radio somehow proposes

═════ஓ๑「𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎」๑ஓ═════

        (y/n)'s hand froze, making their in-game character come to a stop. they stood staring at the small lagoon-lake, niki building her house inside of it.

        "you've never had ambrosia salad?" they asked, mildly shocked. they were playing minecraft, on the 'origin mod smp,' with tubbo, niki, and wilbur soot. "i thought it was really common, especially in the states. y'know, since thanksgiving is a really popular holiday, and all. i'll have to make you some one day. that is, if you're not allergic, or don't like sweet things, or..."

        "i think you forgot that we're all from europe, radio. and, what even is ambrosia?" tubbo chortled, his eyebrows furrowing slightly. only his stream could see that.

        "according to greek myths, ambrosia is the food or drink of the gods," wilbur responded immediately. who knew he was into greek myths? maybe he got into it because of technoblade... "it was said to gift immortality and longevity to those who ate or drank it."

        "ambrosia is also the name of a flower," niki chirped. "it's very pretty. radio was talking about a pudding, though." she loved making sweets. when baking, the outcome didn't matter nearly as much as the journey did. she could care less if what she was making tasted like shit. if she had a great time making whatever she was making, then quality didn't matter. she smiled.

        (y/n) also smiled. niki knew her sweets. "ambrosia 'pudding' is, funnily enough, a sweet salad. like... no, it literally is a fruit salad, isn't it? just with this whipped cream-like shit instead of lettuce, which is kind of weird considering there's sour cream in it, for some reason. also, sometimes its made with marshmallows...? i feel like it'd go good with hot chocolate, but that might be the marshmallows speaking..."

        they rambled on about their thoughts on the dish, when suddenly, something clicked inside niki's minds. "wait, radio, do you bake?"

        (y/n) blinked. their face flushed when they realized they were rambling. rambling about sweets. on stream, too! that was embarrassing. they held their head in their sleeve-covered hands. "yeah, sometimes. do you?"

        "yeah! a lot, actually! what do you like baking the most?" niki was sure everyone could hear the smile in her voice, but she didn't care. she'd never really met another person that cared about baking as much as she did. there were very little that she knew. "i like making cookies, mostly because of the variety."

        "oh, i love cookies... especially those ginger ones my grandma used to make. i'll have to find her recipe. anyways, i really like baking tarts. like, specifically lemon ones! i usually only bake those once every year in celebration of 'living another year through my job,' but now that i don't have one... i'll just have to make more, then, right?"

        "you should send me the recipe, if you find it! i can make you some cookies, if you're alright with that."

        "really? wait, no, deadass? that'd be so cool! i can make you some lemon tarts as payment."

        "that'd be great!"

        "please, marry me, niki," (y/n) abruptly switched the topic. "the wedding of the mermaid and the ghast. we will be so cute."

        "you're proposing?"

        "absolutely."

        "sweets for the wedding?"

        "of course <3."

        tubbo and wilbur let the conversation progress without them speaking. tubbo didn't have anything to say, anyways, and wilbur was muted, probably talking to chat. it was funny seeing (y/n) and niki go off about baked treats and marriage. the chat thought so, too.

═════ஓ๑「𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚝」๑ஓ═════

lolch4mp: AWW THATS SO SWEET IM
fire_alpaca: meetup...?
CUP_OF_PEPSI: LETS GO LETS GO 
plagued0ct0r: okay but have you ever made
tiramisu
jibakushounenHK_: THEM
TXQUILATIME_: WHY IS THIS SO CUTE IM
UFCKNGING EVAPAORATIONG
justpeachy: PARENTAL FIGURE CAN YOU MAKE
YOUR CHILDREN SOME COOKIES AND TARTS
PLEASE
ACHilles_: may i be the flower boy
nihachusupremacy: BAHABAHAAH IMG OING
THROGUHT HE ETNRIE WATER CYCEL
GOODBYE
coffeebears: i think i accidentally sat on my pet
rat help
hyac1nTH: AWWWW :radio_heart:
nitram_style: lemon tarts >>
eiprap: AWW PLEASE 
whoshutao: THEM. 

═════ஓ๑「𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎」๑ஓ═════

        tubbo laughed at chat. he might've shared the one singular brain—brian—cell that they did.

        "tubbo, i honestly forgot you were in call, man," (y/n) laughed airily. "why were you so quiet?"

        he perked up when he heard his name. "oh, i was just reading chat. someone asked if you could make them cookies and tarts, by the way, radio. and someone named ach- achilles...?wanted to be the flower boy?"

        "achilles doesn't even have to ask—he'll be the flower boy anyway. and no, chat doesn't deserve my desserts." (y/n) put a hand up, as if someone could see it. sad faces overwhelmed the sweet messages in chat. "chat, i— please, i'm sorry. slash dʒaɪ, guys, aha... got you there— guys please. GUYS PLEASE."

        niki and tubbo laughed at their frantic attempts at calming their chat down. wilbur even chuckled a bit, since he'd unmuted.

        (y/n)'s chat was special to them. they honestly didn't like making them sad. seeing ':(' fill the chat made them panic slightly. they had to remind themself that they were joking. 

        "guys please," someone else whispered in a high-pitched voice, just joining call. (y/n) hadn't heard their voice before. "guys please."

        "hello there," (y/n) greeted awkwardly. 

        "hi, radio! we haven't formally met, yet. i'm big daddy. i'm very hot, and very sexy, so you should totally give me your credit card numbe—"

        (y/n) grinned. "chat, this man dmed me yesterday." 

        "i did? huh— RADIO, NO, DON'T TELL THEM THAT, PLEASE—"

        "he said, and i quote, 'hey mamas, hey shawties :kissy_face: ily so mwuach,' spelled m-w-u-a-c-h."

        "SHUT THE FUCK UP."

        "then, after that, he had the audacity to say, 'sorry, wrong person.' WHO DOES THAT AFTER SAYING 'I LOVE YOU' AND 'HEY MAMAS?!"

        "I'M LEAVING. I HATE IT HERE. I HATE YOU, RADI—" quackity left call.

        it was significantly quieter when he left. the voice chat was filled with laughter and small giggles. (y/n) contributed to it, laughing along. their eyes strayed to chat, and they muted for a hot minute.

        "chat, don't worry. we don't hate each other. we're on pretty good terms. he's not actually mad, guys. it's just a shitty improv bit, y'know? dur." they hit the unmute keybind. "good, now let's move on. i have a fuckin', uh... nether fortress house to make. i am so forcing wilbur to help me with it."

        "what? out of everyone, why me—?"