my recent monster high phase summed up

═════ஓ๑「𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎」๑ஓ═════

        "this is great, right?" (y/n) said, after thinking of the pros and cons of literally everything they had ever done. "we're on the road with barely any internet. we're out of the city, and we have been for the past nineteen hours. this is great. i don't think i'll go back to streaming." they smiled, sitting in their seat correctly, gently tapping their hands on their thighs.

        "they've gone insane," techno whispered to eret. "i have never seen them like that, and i've known them for, like, five years."

        eret shook his head. "that's terrifying."

        "i have not gone insane," (y/n) called from the back seat. "my eyes have just been opened."

        techno shuddered, and handed them a cherry coke. "please. i'm an atheist, but for the love of god, drink that."

        (y/n) shrugged and downed the entire thing in less than thirty seconds. no one knew how they didn't choke. it was a miracle.

        "holy shit, anyways—" (y/n) coughed violently, twisting their body to lay down in the seat. in the process, the seat belt unbuckled. ah, there (y/n) was. "are we there yet? we there yet? when're we arriving, techno? man behind the wheel? more like man behind the slaughter."

        techno groaned, putting his head on the steering wheel. at least (y/n) was back to normal, he supposed. "we'll be there in about thirty minutes."

        by then, eret had already picked up where they were. it was easy to tell, really, by the signs when they crossed state borders. (y/n) hadn't, only because they were spacing out for so long.

        "you got games on your phone? got games?" techno handed his phone to (y/n). "holy shit, why are you on level 1263 on candy crush? how? y'know what, never mind. i don't think i want to know." techno chuckled.

        candy crush kept (y/n) entertained for the said thirty minutes. they didn't get past level 1263. no matter how hard they tried, the level seemed impossible. they even attempted to search up walkthroughs just to beat it. how pathetic.

        (y/n) hadn't realized the car stopped moving.

        "(y/n), you're here," dream said, raising an eyebrow. he'd been standing there for a solid five minutes.

        "yeah, okay." (y/n) waved him off. the fact that dream was talking to them, in-person, completely went over their head. they replaced a jelly bean fucker with a bill cipher kinnie, finally making them have enough points to beat the level. "FUCK YEAH, ON TO LEVEL 1264, BABY—  wait a deep fried diddly darn second."

        (y/n) looked up from techno's phone—which was about to die, by the way—and met eyes with dream. they stared. he stared back.

        suddenly, they jolted forward, dropping techno's phone onto the car floor. dream melted into the sudden hug. "holy shit, it's you! i think. unless you're my old chemistry teacher, because you look similar— holy shit!"

        they laughed, dream joining in soon after.

        "yeah, it's me, i guess," dream chuckled, pulling away from the hug. (y/n) nodded vigorously.