Fourty Five : Zigzag Routes

Sorry for the late update sweeties🙏

ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Wei Zhan picked up his phone and dialled Xaio Xing Chen in haste.

"Good morning Chen."

"Good morning Zhan."

"Chen, what about the thing I mentioned yesterday?"

"Forgive me Zhan. I couldn't gather any information." Xiao Xing Chen murmured, his voice low. "But don't be dejected. I'll do my best to help you."

"It's alright. I just couldn't keep my curiosity in check. Don't feel pressured. Take your time."

Wei Zhan hung up his call and let out a long sigh. As he got ready for the office he heard Lan Yibo's car moving out of WeiLan. His chest tightened at the feeling of loneliness.

Get a grip Zhan. You can't give up on Lan Yibo.

Wei Zhan took a deep breath and put on his business suit. After 10 minutes he climbed inside his car and drove towards Wei Corporation.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

LAN CORPORATION
-------------------------------

Lan Yibo grew impatient as he waited for Xue Yang. His eyes lazily roamed over the document and tapped his fingers on the table. Lan Yibo lifted his gaze swiftly as he noticed the office door open.

"Yang."

"Good morning buddy." Xue Yang greeted brightly.

 "You seem nervous."

"Yang, tell me about the client guy."

Xue Yang's face fell upon hearing his friend. Lan Yibo observed the other man carefully and exclaimed, "Shoot it out Yang!"

"H-He is... Zhan's ex." Xue Yang whispered. Lan Yibo choked his breath as he stared at Xue Yang with widened eyes.

"What?!"

"It's true Yibo. They were together in college."
What the heck? No way. It's impossible. Zhan never loved anyone other than me. He said that I was the only one for him in this lifetime. Yet he...

"Relax Yibo. No need to overthink. We know our Zhan, right?" Xue Yang walked up to his friend and patted his shoulder. Lan Yibo stood frozen, "Yang, I need some time alone."

"Sure buddy. See you for lunch." Xue Yang stalked out of the office and Lan Yibo slumped on his chair.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

WEI CORPORATION
-------------------------------

As evening casts her dusky gown, the sky fades into pink and orange hues. Yet the dark pillows of clouds were forming, threatening to cast it's wrath. Wei Zhan looked at his phone and grew restless.

I can't take this anymore. I'll confront Yibo about the lady and child. It's pointless for us to ignore each other anymore. I'll ask him to come home early.

Wei Zhan frowned as his call was unanswered. He then dialled Xue Yang to ask for Yibo.

"Hey Zhan, wassup?"

"Yang, could you pass the phone to Yibo? He is not picking up my call."

"But Zhan, he left the office half an hour ago."

"What!" Wei Zhan was shocked.

"Yep. Nowadays he leaves the office much earlier. I thought he is spending time with you and-"

Wei Zhan hung up the call before Xue Yang could finish and left his office. He hastily got inside his car and drove in search of Lan Yibo. He paused his car at Yibo's favourite cafe but was disappointed when he failed to find his husband. For the next one hour Wei Zhan searched everywhere but no trace of Lan Yibo was found.

In the end he stopped by the park and sat on the brown bench. His heart felt heavy and he closed his eyes to control his agony.

All these are so unexpected. Yibo and I were a perfect married couple and now everything has undergone a 360° flip. Why does every misfortune chase me? I miss his warmth and care. Will I lose him in the end?

Wei Zhan's train of thoughts was interrupted by cute little giggles. He opened his eyes and turned his face to see an adorable kid with dimples playing with toys. The delightful voice of the child brought a smile on his lips. Wei Zhan's eyes softened as he watched the boy and suddenly something crossed his mind.

Somehow I feel this cute boy is familiar. Have I met him before? But where?

Thoughts pondered in Wei Zhan and he went behind the kid to satisfy his curiosity. Soon his muscles went rigid and a heavy feeling pooled in his stomach. His breath twitched as he saw the most unexpected person a few metres away from him.

Lan Yibo happily playing with the little boy accompanied by the lady from the photo. Lan Yibo smiled widely as the boy jumped into his arms. He lifted the boy up easily. The lady ruffled his hair and smiled faintly at Yibo. Wei Zhan's vision turned blurry as he watched the scene from a distance, hiding behind the tree and he struggled to swallow down a still-beating heart.

"It's so fun to spend time with daddy."

"I love it too, little guy." Lan Yibo replied as he helped the kid down.

"We'll visit the mall tomorrow and buy you some new toys." Lan Yibo pinched the boy's cute little nose.

"Yay! Thanks daddy." The kid exclaimed,  gesturing Lan Yibo to lean closer and placed a peck on his cheek. Lan Yibo smiled and ruffled the boy's hair. He turned his face and his sight fell on a familiar figure standing afar from him.

Z-Zhan

Lan Yibo stood horrified as he saw Wei Zhan staring at him with widened eyes. Sadness casted across his face and a lone tear escaped his eyes. Just as Lan Yibo spotted him, Wei Zhan turned his heels and ran as fast as he could while tears pouring miserably down his cheeks.

"Zhan, wait!" Lan Yibo shouted as he saw Wei Zhan leaving.

Lan Yibo faced the lady and stated, "Take care of him."

"I will." The lady remarked and Lan Yibo nodded before running for Wei Zhan.

"Why did daddy leave?" The kid asked in dismay.

"He had to go. It's an emergency. But don't worry. He'll come tomorrow. Now let's go back." The lady picked up the boy to return back home.

Lan Yibo ran around the park but Wei Zhan was out of his sight. The sky turned dark and a large drop of water hit his shoulder, disappearing into the fabric of his shirt.

Shit! It's raining. Where did he disappear?

Lan Yibo ran up to his car before soaking himself in the downpour and hurried to find Wei Zhan.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The rainfall was so intense that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise. Wei Zhan sat on a street bench, letting himself soak in the cold drops. A flood of tears gushed down his ashen cheeks and his body wracked as sobs escaped his lips.

An umbrella casted over him, protecting Wei Zhan from the hissing rain, "Zhan, is it really you?"

"Z-Zhiguang." Wei Zhan lifted his gaze to Xia Zhiguang staring at with a surprised look.

"Are you out of mind Zhan? What the hell are you doing here in this heavy downpour?" Xia Zhiguang asked with concern.

Wei Zhan got up on his feet and hugged the other man, crying bitterly on his shoulder, "My Yibo doesn't love me anymore. My heart is bleeding for his love. I can't live without him."

Xia Zhiguang embraced Wei Zhan and patted his back gently, "Calm down Zhan. Get a hold on yourself. Don't give up on your love."

"But he doesn't need me. He replaced me in his heart" Wei Zhan sputtered.

"Nonsense. How can anyone hate you Zhan? Replacing you would be the biggest mistake Yibo can ever commit. I'm sure he'll never act spontaneously."

Xia Zhiguang tightened his arms around Wei Zhan’s and whispered beside his ears, "Letting go of your true love is beyond painful. I still regret giving upon you, Zhan. I can understand the pain more than anyone else."

"Zhiguang…"

Far away from the two hugging figures stood Lan Yibo, watching the scene with agitated mind. His heart shattered as he saw his Zhan in Xia Zhiguang's arms.

It's him. It's always him.

Lan Yibo clenched his fist and stepped out of his car. He hastily approached the two and pulled Wei Zhan away from the other guy. Wei Zhan struggled to get his hand out of Lan Yibo's grip.

"Don't touch me Yibo." Wei Zhan shrieked as he yanked his hand away.

Lan Yibo glared at Xia Zhiguang and flared, "Why are you here with my Zhan?"

"You failed to provide him the warmth and comfort. So I did." Xia Zhiguang pulled Wei Zhan beside him.

"Don't even dare to lay a finger on my Zhan!" Lan Yibo gritted his teeth.

"What if I take him away from you?" Xia Zhiguang raised his eyebrows with a smirk.

Lan Yibo almost lost his temper and roughly grabbed Zhiguang's collar. Wei Zhan noticed the flaring Yibo and separated both the men.

"Stop it Yibo. Leave him."

"Why are you stopping me Zhan? I'm your husband and you belonged to me. No one else can have you." Lan Yibo roared.

"Husband?" Xia Zhiguang mocked. "You failed your position as Zhan's husband and still have the nerve to claim authority over him. What a pity Lan Yibo!"

SLAP!!

Lan Yibo's eyes blazed with fury and couldn't hold himself any longer. But his eyes widened when he witnessed Wei Zhan holding his stinging cheek. His blood turned cold when he realised Wei Zhan protected his friend and received the slap.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lan Yibo slapped Wei Zhan!!!!!! Can u believe it??

That's it for this chapter lovelies 😝
¾ of the story is over guys. Only 10 more chapters left for MSTY. We feel so sad 😢😢 After all it's is our first book.

Anyway Comment your thoughts and Vote if you liked the update.

Stay Safe and Take care.
Happy Thursday 😊

With Love,
AR $ SS ❤