Eight : Lost

ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zhan's body went numb with shock. He felt as if he is ripped apart.

"No" Wei Zhan yelled. "No , I won't believe it.....you all are lying....please stop it. These are not the matters to joke around."

Zhan looked at Lan Qiren with disbelief. He turned to the Jiang members and walked towards them. Zhan held Jiang Fengmian's hand .

"Uncle , I know you are lying. This can't be happening." He looked at the others.

"Shijie....Aunty......A-cheng just tell me that these are all lies." Yanli and Madam Yu broke into tears as they saw a broken Zhan.

Lan Yibo came towards Wei Zhan and held him in a tight embrace .

"Zhan, please calm yourself." Yibo lightly patted his back. Wei Zhan calmed a bit and whispered "Yibo, you have always been straightforward. You can never lie to me. Just tell me the truth ."

" It's true Zhan.....she is no more." Zhan couldn't contain himself any long. He cried loudly on Yibo's shoulders .

After a few minutes he went towards Nie Huaisang "Dr. Nie , you told me yesterday that she will be alright . You promised me to to keep her safe . Then why did you break it....." Nie Huaisang felt helpless . He was sorry for his friend.

They tried their level best till the last moment but still failed to save Mr.Wei.

Wei Zhan rushed towards his mother's room. He opened the door and was shocked to find all the equipments disconnected from his mother's body. The sight left him paralysed.

Zhan took light steps towards the bed. His heart trembled at the sight of the pale and lifeless figure. It was unbearable for him. Zhan held his mother's hand. The warmth of life was replaced by the coldness of death. He caressed her face . Tears
rolled down from eyes and landed on his mother's cheeks.

"Mama ,why did you leave me behind ? You are the only one I had . You promised me that you will get better and we would go to a place where we would live happily. Then why did you leave me alone...... How am I supposed to live without you. I don't want to live alone in the darkness. Take me with you Mama, just taken me with you. ....."

Zhan cried out aloud everyone teared up at the sight of shattered Zhan. Lan Yibo felt fragmented as he heard Zhan's cries. It was just too much for him. He can't bear to see his Zhan cry. He walks towards Zhan.

It's all my fault . I caused my mother's death. I assured to take care of her. But what have I done ? I couldn't even provide her with necessities . I am an ungrateful son. My mother deserved someone better than me. I am such a selfish and pathetic person who is a burden to everyone. I promised myself to face all the difficulties with a smile . But I can't fight anymore.

Zhan breathed heavily and his sight turned blurry. He felt his strength being drained out and collapsed . Lan Yibo was startled and caught Wei zhan in his arms.

ZHAN WAKE UP!!!! ZHAN!!!!

Wei Zhan was shifted into another room. Everyone panicked as they saw Zhan collapse. Yibo was restless as he he waited outside Zhan's room. After a few minutes Dr. Nie came out.

"No need to worry. He fainted due to exhaustion and shock. He will be fine after a few hours."
Nie Huaisang assured with a faint smile. Everyone let out a sigh of relief on hearing Dr. Nie.

Yibo entered the room and sat near Wei Zhan . His heart ached at the sight of Zhan's unconscious figure. Yibo softly held Zhan's arm. He was stabbed by a sense of guilt as he recalled his outburst. Yibo felt miserable when he looked at Zhan's face . A tear rolled down his cheeks as he kissed Wei Zhan's hand.