Fourty Six : Reconciliation

Another chapter is up.

Enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guilt condensed on Lan Yibo's face as he witnessed Wei Zhan's crimson cheeks. Tears spilled out of his red, swollen eyes and he lowered his head in disappointment.

"What have you done, Lan Yibo!" Xia Zhiguang raised his voice.

"Zhan, I didn't mean to hurt you." Lan Yibo panicked. Frustration engulfed him and the weight of regret burdened his heart. He felt angry at himself for hurting his Zhan and wanted to undo his action. But the damage is already done and he can do nothing about it.

Wei Zhan stayed rooted, his gaze never leaving the floor. Lan Yibo heaved a sigh and held Wei Zhan's wrist.
"Let's go." He whispered and gently pulled Wei Zhan along with him as he walked towards his car.

Wei Zhan looked back to see Xia Zhiguang standing with helplessness. Wei Zhan dropped his shoulders in defeat. He was done with everything. He gave up on everything. He gave the other man a sad smile before letting himself dragged by Lan Yibo.

Lan Yibo settled Wei Zhan on the passenger seat and drove towards WeiLan. Wei Zhan kept his mouth shut and Lan Yibo felt suffocating by the uncomfortable silence. He shifted his eyes to Wei Zhan and said, "I'm sorry Zhan. I shouldn't have acted on impulse."

Heavily splashing water droplets hit the car windows as they drove. Wei Zhan turned deaf ear and watched the raindrops race down the window.

"Zhan, I'm talking to you." Lan Yibo added.

Wei Zhan didn't even bother to turn his attention towards Lan Yibo. He felt empty, his eyes never leaving the window. Silence lingered inside the car, suffocating them. Lan Yibo felt himself losing his mind as the other man sat like a dead log. He has never been a person to hold a grudge, instead seeking to understand the motives of another. His anger was nothing but a shield for his pain. But Wei Zhan on the other hand, was unwilling to cooperate with him.

"Stop ignoring me, Zhan. How long are you going to hurt me like this?" Lan Yibo pleaded.

"Isn't it the other way around, Yibo?" Wei Zhan glared at the elder man. "It's you who is hurting me. Get that inside your head!"

"Very well Zhan. Now you are putting the blame on me. Quit acting innocent." Lan Yibo raised his voice.

Wei Zhan smouldered with resentment yet he swallowed the frustration, "Lan Yibo, stop the car!"

"I said stop the car or else I'll step outside!" Wei Zhan roared when Lan Yibo showed no reaction and opened the door of the moving car. Lan Yibo immediately hit the brakes and Wei Zhan climbed out of the car. He banged the door close and walked away.

Nobody wants to get hurt but in the end every single person is tormented in one way or the other. Wei Zhan always thought that his happiness was short-lived. Now walking in the drizzling rain, everything felt so raw, like there is no skin over his pain and the cold drops make it bleed. His heart was heavy and ambled aimlessly.

Lan Yibo hurried out of the car and ran behind Wei Zhan. His thoughts were muddled. But the sight of Zhan walking away from him crippled his heart with fear.