forty one

REAL LIFE !

"wait - so you're on the way to meet her?" namjoon asked, standing in his door - mouth wide open. a part of him understood why jungkook was doing what he was doing, but at the same time he didn't. he knew how much pain she had caused him - how much she had made him doubt himself. he had loved her so much - so hard, and she had taken that love and thrown it towards someone else. 

"yeah - i need it for my closure," jungkook just muttered buttoning up his white dress shirt. rolling up his sleeves a little bit. "just remember to be careful okay? and prepare an explanation incase the media catches on. god knows, you're gonna need that before you're being rumored to be dating yet another person," namjoon mumbled with a soft laugh, jungkook just rolled his eyes - the dating rumors were getting out of hand. at the moment he was rumored to be dating both jin, namjoon, jimin & taehyung, it was honestly starting to get a bit hard to keep up with.

"i'll drop by your house once i'm finished?" jungkook asked, knowing he'd need someone to rant to after. "i'm hanging out with jin and the others - you're invited, if you want to come," namjoon added the last bit knowing everything was a bit hard for jungkook right now. and jungkook did hesitate a bit as thought about it. "you know what? send me the address, i might drop by - if i'm brave enough," jungkook muttered before taking the last step out of his door, trusting namjoon to lock it whenever he decides to leave.

and then jungkook was on his way, walking a bit slower than normally on purpose - which did make him arrive just a minute or two later than the time they had agreed on. but she didn't seem to mind.

"holy - you've changed more than i imagined over the last few months. hi jungkook, it's nice to see you," she said softly as she slowly wrapped her arms around the taller boy. jungkook went still, he didn't return the hug - but he didn't reject it either. "hello," he whispered back as they parted from the hug.

"should we-" she said before motioning towards the cafe, jungkook just nodded and then they walked in - the both of them ordering the same things they used to order whenever they went here. "well, that hasn't changed," jungkook joked softly as the both of them finished ordering. "i guess not," was the reply he got.

"sooo... new boyfriend?" jungkook asked after awhile of them just sitting there. "yes, he uh - he treats me really good - i saw that you've been spotted with the bts boys? i'm happy for you - i remember how much you and joonie used to talk about them back when the both of us were still just trainees," she said softly - politely. and for a second jungkook grinned. thinking about the boys and how close to his heart they had already gotten.

"yeah, they're pretty cool," jungkook said softly - just as the two of them received their food and drinks. "especially taehyung, huh?" she asked, lifting one of her eyebrows slightly for a few seconds. jungkook just laughed, of course she had noticed - of course she would know. she had always been able to read him better, than he could read himself. "he's beautiful isn't he?" jungkook just asked - she laughed before nodding. "i believe there's a reason as to why he's number 1 on the 100 hottest males list in the us research thing," jungkook just laughed about that - thinking back to all of the times he had teased taehyung about that during their private chats.

"you light up when you talk about him - i'm happy for you kookie. you deserve to be happy after the shit i did to you. i'd like to apologize about what happened, jeongguk. you deserved so much better than that - so much better than me. you were always meant for so much more than what you've been given," she said softly, her voice shaking slightly as she fought back the tears - she felt so guilty. so fucking guilty. she had ever since that night.

"why did you do that?" jungkook asked. the thing he had been wondering the most.

"i don't know, i honestly don't know. you were always so perfect - all people would ever talk about to me about, was you. i couldn't have one single conversation with people, without them asking questions about you. and i guess i just got jealous - i felt so lonely, no one wanted me for me - they wanted me for you. they wouldn't ask me how i was doing, they asked about how you were doing first. and then i just snapped, i guess? i know it's not an excuse, and that it doesn't make it alright. but i'm so sorry jeongguk - from the bottom of my heart," jungkook wanted to cry - especially as he watched tears glide down her face. jungkook sighed before getting up to his seat, and walked to stand behind her chair - wrapping his arms around her.

"shhh, it's okay. you're okay - i'm here, we're here. - it's okay, i forgive you. it's all in the past." jungkook muttered. for a second he didn't care that they were in public and that his face wasn't covered - he didn't care. he just needed her to stop crying. because no matter how bad she hurt him, she was still his first real love. and for that reason a part of his heart would always belong to her - she would always have a special place in his heart. no matter what happened.

"tell me about your new guy," jungkook just requested softly as she had calmed down a bit, and he had moved back to his own chair. "only if you tell me about tae," and he did - and so she told jungkook about her boyfriend and they were happy. jungkook felt a weight lift from his shoulders as he left the cafe - as he left her. the only reminder of it ever happening being the lingering feeling of her lips pressing softly against his cheek - a goodbye.

he felt free as he left. he felt closer to whole than he had for months and though his heart still ached from the reject of his parents - it was okay. he was okay.

namjoon - he had to tell namjoon. jungkook opened his phone - and went straight to the message joonie had sent earlier containing an address, memorizing it in his mind before he went straight to instagram. before making his way towards what seemed to be jin's apartment.

INSTAGRAM !

liked by njoonie aand 155k others

foreverjk: finally free

comments have been disabled for this post

authors note !
i hate having to wait for subtitles for kingdom, but CAN WE TALK ABOUT THR NEW EPISODE? i'm so betting proud of ateez. (and don't even get me started on jisung's voice, he's so talented!!) also sf9's "improvement" was so good, they really said. "oh so this of how we do it?" and completely destroyed the stage :)