fifty one

REAL LIFE !

jungkook and jimin woke up an hour or two later, both of them way less tired than they had been before their nap. especially jungkook, the two hours had done him well. so with a smile on both of their faces they got up from the floor and joined the others on the couch, only as jungkook placed himself down, something hit him — he finally knew what had been missing.

"do you have a piano, tae?" he asked, taehyung looked at him, a bit confused at first. what could he need a piano for?

"uh yeah, there's one in the other room, why?" he then said, jungkook smiled big at him, revealing his cute little bunny teeth. taehyung melted. "can i borrow it?" he just asked, taehyung nodded — he would have done anything for jungkook at that moment, he was that whipped.

"what do you need it for, bubs?" namjoon asked as he watched jungkook get up from the couch, hurriedly entering the other room. "i found out what's missing!" jungkook just yelled shutting the door behind him. once again in his music corner — a place he needed for himself, soon after a few notes from the piano could be heard — jungkook starting over and over, seemingly until he was satisfied.

namjoon immediately recognizing the melody, a big smile on his face, the others went quiet as they listened, trying to figure out just what song jungkook was playing in there. every now and then a soft voice could be heard — but not loud enough for any of them to digest the words.

"he can play instruments as well?" taehyung just asked after a while, starting up another conversation. namjoon nodded. "yeah, a few. he never really tells anyone though, he just learns them and all of a sudden out of the blue you'll see him playing some new instrument. it's weird to be honest. he's so good at drums as well — and he plays the guitar? bass as well perhaps, I'm not even sure anymore." joon answered, taehyung just nodded.

"he's very talented," yoongi whispered softly, jungkook continued to surprise him. at first he had thought the boy was just a spoiled idol who had taken everything too lightly, but the more he got to know the young boy, the more he realized he had been wrong.

jungkook is kind — and he's devoted to what he's doing. the boy loves music, and puts himself behind others — he even let the world walk over him, that's how loyal he is. yoongi was not a big fan of people, but jungkook? he had entered his heart faster than most. something about the boy just made him feel comfortable in a way hardly anyone else had — perhaps, it was because yoongi saw a lot of himself in jungkook.

they could both be too introverted for their own good, and the both of them had a burning passion for music — and then of course there was their love for a specific short boy with candy floss hair.

in the other room sat jungkook whose fingers were starting to ache as they ran over the piano again and again, as he tried to turn decalcomania into a piano song. that was why he had been stuck, his song had never been meant for online producing, it was meant for soft piano keys and aching fingers that reflected the things he had trapped inside.

"and then if i drag out the u, and press down on this one," jungkook mumbled to himself as he tried to connect the lyrics to the piano piece. and just as he was about to start the song from the start a knock was heard on the door, before joonie peeped his head in.

"how are you doing champ?" he asked, jungkook just smiled. "I'm making big progress!" jungkook said excitedly, "wanna listen to it later?" he then added. namjoon nodded immediately, he had been waiting a year and a half of course he wanted to listen to it.

"of course, bubs. but we're ordering pizza, want your regular one?" jungkook just nodded, joonie smiled before leaving the room again — leaving jungkook to figure out the rest of his song, and he did. slowly, but surely. 

"feels like I've never been yo-" jungkook was interrupted by the door opening again, jimin standing there, his arms filled with pizza boxes — the younger laughed, before getting up from his seat, stretching his legs out for the first time in the last 2 hours or so.

"and the man child leaves the cave!" jin yelled excitedly as jungkook joined them for their dinner. jungkook just laughed at that, eating in silence as the others sparked up a conversation over dinner.

"soooo.. did the offer only stand to namjoon or can we hear the song as well?" taehyung asked, quietly. having overheard jungkook tell namjoon that he could hear the song later, and it had sparked some curiosity in taehyung. he wanted to hear the song — he had always been a fan of jungkook, even before he fell in love with the guy, so having the opportunity to hear something unreleased? he couldn't help it, he was just so curious about it.

"you can all listen to it, if you want to," jungkook said with a giggle, the others letting out noises of excitement. so that's what they did when they finished. they didn't even put the boxes away before they went to the piano, all of them too impatient to wait any longer.

jungkook took a deep breath before placing his hands on the piano, letting his fingers softly run over them before pressing down, playing the melody he only recently had made up.

"before we start, uh, decalcomania means uh, i guess to move a design from well paper to for example wood or glass or something. just moving a marking from something to something else. and i guess the way i see it, is that everything has always been premade — everything about me as well, when it came to the idol life, and i guess i lost myself to it at some point. so yeah, bear that in mind, i guess," jungkook stuttered out before he let himself get taken over by the music.

When I see you smile in the screen
You're good at everything
You're just perfect
Feels like I'veneverbeen you

Come and tell me so much, beautiful heart
Oh I'm gonna listen to you~
Please~

All the numbers too big
Can't get out of your game
Oh I want to paint it like you~
Please~

I want you~
I want to be your decalcomania
I want...
I want you~

"that's what i have so far, my mind is getting kinda blank, but i think i might be able to finish it soon." jungkook said, slightly insecure and nervous about how much of himself he had just revealed through that song.

"don't tell me you're crying, joonie," jin said, shaking his head — why was he even surprised? namjoon was a big softie. "hey! taehyung's crying too, I'm not the only one," joonie yelled to defend himself, throwing the attention towards taehyung who turned their back towards them to wipe away the tears.

"i'm not crying! i'm just sweating very badly," he said, words muffled from speaking into his sweater paw. "through your eyes?" yoongi asked. "yes! it's very normal, stop being so judgemental yoongi," taehyung just said, refusing to admit that he was crying.

jungkook just laughed, suddenly glad that he had shared the songs with the others.

"your song was beautiful as always kookie," jimin mumbled, wrapping his arms around the younger — the others soon joining in, turning it into a group hug.

and all the way through his body and soul, jungkook knew that he had finally found his home.

authors note !
hi. i love you, remember to take care of yourself <3