fifty

REAL LIFE !

"kookie!" joonie yelled wrapping his arms around the youngest before he had even stepped fully into the apartment, giggles broke out of the younger as he let his arms rest around joonie's abdomen. jungkook felt himself lightening up, his tiredness disappearing just a little bit.

as jungkook broke away from the hug he immediately went to say hi to all of the others, giving both jimin and jin a short hug — comfortable enough with them to let them a little closer.

"I'm surprised doyoon let you go, i wouldn't have expected him to, now that he's finally gotten you back in there," joonie said with a small laugh, messing up jungkook's hair before letting his arm rest over the younger's shoulders.

"who's doyoon?" taehyung asked again, realizing he hadn't gotten a proper answer earlier. "for real, y'all are making it sound like he's jungkook's bdsm partner or some shit," yoongi added from his place on the couch. jungkook couldn't hold back his laugh, almost doubling over as he tried to regain his breath.

"oh god, doyoon is my manager, or well producer thingy. I've been at the studio — writing music, no bdsm involved," jungkook just said laughing it off, it had been a while since he had been in the studio like this, had been a while since he had sat down in there, just writing, as he talked it through with producers, but he was happy about it, his music had always been his home — his safe place. the one thing he knew for sure would never leave him.

"so what you been working on?" yoongi asked, he was a producer himself, and perhaps that's why he for once was actually interested in the conversation that was going on.

"i was initially trying to finish up a song, i wrote uh, back in 2019? it's very personal to me, but i just can't finish it. so instead i started a new project. it's going quite well, I'm excited," the tired boy just mumbled, his legs were extremely tired, and embarrassingly close to giving out from beneath him.

"wait oh my god! are you talking about the decalcomania one? when are you gonna let me hear the lyrics? — you literally only let me hear the melody of it, and told me that you had cried for like 5 hours straight trying to write it. i'm so curious," namjoon said with a pout, the younger just laughed, but he did indeed curse at namjoon in his head for telling everyone that he had cried for 5 hours trying to write a song.

"for 5 hours?! what was the song about?" jimin asked, surprised, as to how someone could even cry for 5 hours without drying out — or dying for that matter, jungkook just shrugged.

"well uh, you know, not recognizing the person you see whenever you're on the big screen, i guess." jungkook answered softly, he had written decalcomania soon after blowing up as a trainee, after he had started doing his shows. the person on-screen had been perfect, jungkook had to be perfect, and he had been. but jeongguk? could he say the same? he could hardly recognize himself while standing in the mirror at the time — he still can't.

"oh, i think we can all relate to that in some way. sooo, what's the new song about?" yoongi asked, trying to switch the topic after seeing how uncomfortable it made the younger. jungkook sent him a thankful smile.

"i can't tell you, i'm sorry." jungkook just said, a smile on his lips. he could — he just chose not to, he wasn't sure of the song yet — of what it was gonna used for, so he'd rather they just didn't know anything about it.

"not even me?" asked namjoon, jungkook mostly always told him about his songs, sang them for him, sent him small snippets. "not even you," jungkook said, his beautiful bunny smile still playing on his lips. "this is betrayal, you know." joonie just said as they finally made a move towards the couch. jungkook let out a happy sigh as he flopped down on the couch next to jimin — allowing his head to rest against his shoulder, hoping yoongi wouldn't murder him.