3

"Look at you in your cheerleading uniform" I say walking up to her

Caroline turns to me "Skule"

I laugh "One and only, love. I've uh got a present for you"

"It looks like it was handmade" she notices and then she smells it "What is that?"

"It was handmade; one of my older brothers made it for my younger brother. I nicked it off him right before we buried him" I explain "It's uh vervain....it grew around the outskirts of the house we grew up in"

"We are talking about your biological siblings?" Caroline asks "How many brothers did you have?"

"four older brothers, two older sisters, and the younger brother" I tell "you have to promise to never take it off"

she puts it on "I promise"

later that night I was walking when I see Damon kill the history teacher in front of Stefan

"No" Stefan shouts

"Anyone, anytime, any place" Damon states

I sigh walking over "You two drive me fucking insane....why the hell did you kill this guy for? Because Stefan called you human? Don't be fucking baby; now you have to go get rid of the body" I turn to Stefan "Wipe the smile off your face. Why do you have to provoke him like that? You know he doesn't like it? What are you trying to prove?" then stomp away

______________________________________________________

"Well, I do" I hear Damon say as I approach Caroline's room "And if I'm gonna be your date-"

"You cannot be my date" Caroline states "My mother is going to be there, and she is a very proud gun owner"

"I went through a lot of trouble to make sure this party wasn't cancelled" Damon says "It's very important I be there. Please take me"

wonder how this is going to go

Caroline starts laughing "no"

I walk in the room "besides she already has a date"

she blinks at me "Who?"

"Me" I state

she hums "fine"

I sit on the bed beside Damon "I like the yellow one"

"see" Caroline says to Damon "He likes the yellow one"

"Skule has no taste" Damon scoffs "At all apparently"

"Comin from the guy who still loves the girl who screwed him over" I scoff

he groans at me "What's so special about this Bella girl? Edward's so whipped"

"You gotta read the first book first" Caroline points out "It won't make sense if you don't"

"It doesn't make since afterwards either" I give "She's pretty boring to me; the only reason Edwards starts talking to her is because he can't read her mind"

"I miss Anne Rice" Damon says "She was so on it"

"Anne Rice didn't know her ass from her face" I scoff "Sheridan Le Fanu or Bram Stocker were good horror writers"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Caroline!" the lady who opens the door the mansion says "You look smashing"

"Thank you, Mrs. Lockwood" Caroline beams "This is my friend, Skule"

"Oh, well, come in" the lady says

you know for a town who knows about vampires they sure are stupid

"Lovely to meet you" I breath out to her "Your home is also quite lovely"

"Well, enjoy" she beams at me

Caroline drags us towards her apparent mother

think its a bit to early to meet the mother but okay

"really, you couldn't even change out of the badge for this?" Caroline hisses at the poor women

"I'm working, honey" she says "Who is this. Is he your boyfriend"

I reach my arm out "Skule Salvatore, Caroline and I are friends"

"Skule is just some guy" Caroline stomps

"Okay honey" her mother says

I need to maneuver this around to the stuff room because I promised Damon I would get his damn crystal

I finally do to see Stefan and Damon in there

"The founding families in Mystic Falls welcome you to the inaugural founder's council celebrating. Look, it's the original guest registry. Look at these familiar names-Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? Stefan Salvatore? And, Skule Salvatore?"

Stefan looks worried

with a sigh I step in "The Original Salvatore brothers. Their ancestors. Tragic Story, actually"

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past" Stefan says

"It's not boring, Stefan" Elena says "I'd love to hear more about your family"

"Me too" Caroline says clinging to my arm

Stefan glares at me

"Don't mind him" I say "The men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry even the adopted. It all started with the Original Salvatore brothers"

"Skule" Stefan warns

I, of course, ignore "The Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town. Until the way. There was a battle here"

"The Battle of Willow Creek" both girls says

"Right" I confirm

"We talked about it in class" Elena explains "why am I telling you? You have the class"

"What the history books don't tell is that the people killed weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathizers, like the late Damon Salvatore. The confederacy rounded those who they thought were and burned them alive. Stefan and Damon both had someone they loved in that church. They were shot; murdered in cold blood. Some say it was by their own father other say it was by their brother"

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?" Elena asks

"A women" I tell "That's all most boys care about"

"What happened to Skule?" Caroline jumps in

"Giuseppe Salvatore died two days later" I tell "No one knows what actually happened to Skule Salvatore; some say he lived his life as a recluse before dying and others say that he ran away"

Elena and Stefan finally go back down stairs

I go towards the damn crystal

"What are you doing" Caroline questions

"Getting a crystal out of the Salvatore family stuff" I say "I put it in there about two or three years ago"

"Oh...ok" Caroline sighs as I take the Crystal out

I smirk at her "Would you like to dance, love"