32

Stefan and I are compelling a whole bar

"Ray? Ray Sutton?" Niklaus asks

"Who wants to know" the wolf asks

"I've been looking everywhere for you" Niklaus pipes off "We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there were you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you"

"I think I'll be going" the wolf tries to get up

only for Niklaus to stop him

"No so fast mate" he warns "You only just got here, now your type are very hard to come by"

he tries to walk the other way only to bump into Stefan "I wouldn't"

then he tries to go my way "Hello, wolf"

"Vampires" he whispers

"You're swifty swift Ray!" Niklaus chirps "Yes! my friend and brother here are vampires. They compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire and I've got some wolf"

"You what" the wolf asks

I roll my eyes "You had to ask"

Niklaus slaps the back of my head "A hybrid Ray, I'm both. You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to you pack. So, where can I find them Ray!"

"You can't compel me, it won't work"

I chuckle "When I was only about four or five hundred years old I created this game. It's called truth or wolfsbane. See I'm not a fan of uh wolves even though my brother is one. So my friend, Stefan, here is setting it all up"

Niklaus laughs "Oh, this is gonna be fun Ray"

it's been awhile

I have to say this wolf has my respect....he's resilient

"Ray, you can end this right now" Stefan says "Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon"

"I can't" Ray croaks

I scoff "Stupid wolves with their codes and all that." I point to Niklaus "this one is insane and won't stop"

a women walks in and over to Niklaus "Hello mister Klaus" ..did she just call him mister? "I have some more information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw the guys spotted Damon at the farm house"

"Well, thank you Claudine" Niklaus says "You'll just tell your friends to keep up the good work or they're gonna watch her"

the women walks away

"My brother still on our trial?" Stefan asks

"He's getting closer" Niklaus says "I'm gonna have to deal with that"

Stefan grabs his arm "Let me handle it"

"Why should I let you leave?" Niklaus asks

"I'll come back" Stefan whispers "Skule is here"

Niklaus grabs me "He'll stay here for safe keeping then"

oh no he wants to talk

I make puppy eyes at Stefan

he smirks at me then leaves

"I think It's time we chat, brother" Niklaus says as soon as Stefan is gone

a huff comes out of my mouth "Why would we do that? What would we talk about? How crazy you are? What the fuck did you do to make Elijah hate you more then me? Let me guess you want to talk about why you were kissing what's mine"

his face doesn't move "You know for someone who claims to have never loved their wife you sure are mad about that"

after my dart hits his eye Ray yells out "I'll tell, the Smoky Mountains"

with a huff I sit down

Niklaus takes him off the wall and puts him on the table "Okay, it's a three step process, Ray. This is step one. I want you to drink from my wrist"

Ray, who looks very frightened, says "I already told you where to find the pack. What more do you want from me?"

"Have you been listening to a word I've been saying, Ray?" Niklaus growls like a beast "I have great plans for you" then shoves his wrist in the wolf's mouth then twist his neck to a snap

oh now we're all alone

Niklaus sits by me "What have you been doing for the last four hundred years. I know what you did the first three hundred years you left....you left a trail of bodies."

I sigh

"You said you would forgive me" Niklaus wines

I sigh again "Someone turned my emotions back on. When my emotions came on my will went into place. For two hundred and fifty years I traveled pretty much alone. Then I met this nine year old boy that was a lot like me. I pretty much raised him, when he was seventeen I changed him....not that he knows I did. We went around together for the next hundred and fifty years. So, what did you do to Elijah?"

Niklaus smirks "I told him I dropped our siblings in the ocean"

I snort scotch out my nose laughing

Stefan walks through the door

"You're back" Niklaus says

"Did you doubt me?" Stefan asks

"Not for a second" Niklaus murmurs "I knew you'd pass the test. You still care for your brother, for your old life"

Stefan looks at me sitting down beside me

_________________________________________________________________________________

I have Ray across my shoulders since Stefan carried him before

"You okay?" Niklaus teases "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm good" I say "Do you need a sit down? You're getting pretty old; maybe you could use a walker too"

Stefan snickers

Niklaus flips me off

"I get we're stuck with you, but if we could maybe skip your siblings bonding. That would be really great"

"So much brooding" Niklaus says "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend"

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves" Stefan groans "I don't like werewolves"

"Me either" I say

Niklaus ignores us "Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There"

looking over it's a bunch of wolves

a women rushes over to me "Ray! Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

Niklaus coughs "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus"

"You're the hybrid" the women says

"OH GOD" I groan "You just had to say that"

Niklaus is smiling like no other "You've heard of me. Fantastic"