5

"You knew Katherine in 1864?" Elena gasps "Damon made it seem like..."

"Damon was trying to make you think that...Stefan was still heartbroken" I give "He saw that Stefan was happy with you and he wanted to ruin it"

"Because they loved the same women 145 years ago?" Elena asks

"Katherine was something to behold" I say

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

I walk up to where Stefan, Damon, and Katherine are "I see you have so much commitment to the confederacy"

they all turn towards me

"It's wonderful for me" Katherine says "Skule is always busy so now I have Damon to fill the void. First and foremost, I'll need someone to escort me to the founder's ball"

"With pleasure" Damon says the same time Stefan says "I would be honored"

"The smart and kind Salvatore brothers both coming to my rescue" Katherine giggles "How will I ever choose?"

I laugh sticking my arm out "I guess you will just have to go with me to avoid heartbreak with them"

"What a grand idea" she says taking my arm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we start walking along the ruins

"She went with me; pissing them both off" I tell "I escorted her to the ball at the original Lockwood mansion"

"You were in love with her also" Elena guesses "They didn't know?"

I exhale slowly.....I was punishing her "Living as long as I have you get good at hiding your emotions. I didn't care that I had gotten it over them. I didn't care that it hurt them. I only knew that I wanted her so I got her"

"They were upset" Elena again guesses

"That the thing about us" I give "We don't get mad. We get even. We get what we want no matter who gets in the way. I knew Katherine was with them as well but uh she was compelling them."

"They stole her from you?" Elena asks

"Katherine isn't someone you own" I laugh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"I love you" I lie "I will forever"

"Forever is a long time, you know" she whispers

"Not long enough" I whisper back

her fangs come out and she bites me

I don't freak out but instead enjoy it

the next morning I watch her as she sleeps

"Good morning" she says "Clear the room, please"

her handmaiden leaves

I smile as she looks at me

"You're not upset" Katherine says "I don't understand"

in an instant I have her pinned to the bed with my fangs out before sticking her with mine

that starts her moaning

"You're a vampire" she says once I let up "How? When?"

I smirk down at her "for awhile....I think I'm older then you"