15

Flashback-1864

I'm sitting on Giuseppe's desk when he enters

"Hello, Giuseppe" I say "How's your evening?"

"How long" is all he says

"I've been a vampire for eight hundred and fifty years now" I give "So the whole time you've known me" a smile forms on my face "does it hurt to know your sons are more loyal to me then you?"

he just stands there staring at me "What do you want"

"Stefan's a daddy's boy" I start "so I decided long ago you were going to be his first victim. You see I predict Stefan will be a ripper like me"

"How do you know he'll come here?"

"He's Stefan" I answer "He'll want to see you before he dies." I look into his eyes "I'm stronger then your vervain. When Stefan comes you will be your usual awful self but somehow you will get injured." I laugh "he won't be able to resist your blood. Oh and you will not tell anybody you saw me"

two days after their deaths

"Damon" I say as he approaches me from behind

with a sigh he sits beside me "Stefan's a different person now"

"He's a ripper" I tell "We turn into gits"

"You're a ripper" he states "What were you like as a human"

"I cared a lot" I tell "I loved my father and my many siblings"

Damon blinks at me "No details then? Like how old are you?"

"I was fifteen when I was turned" I give "A very long time ago.....I am older then Katherine. I didn't want to turn either but.....my father made me. I was his favorite didn't want to lose me"

he sulks some "Stefan is on his way here....I can't be around him right now"

"I understand" I whisper "Stefan needs me right now"

looking over Damon's gone

"Skule" I hear Stefan say "This is brilliant"

"With each passing day you sound more and more like me, mate" I laugh "come on, I'll show you how being a vampire works"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon and I are sitting in the library when Stefan walks in

"Thank you" he says to us both

"No, Stefan, thank you" Damon says "You're back on Bambi blood, and we're back to being the bid badass brothers again. All is right in the world"

"I mean it." Stefan insists "Thank you both for taking care of me all these years"

I glance up from my book as Damon says "You brood too much. Everything on this planet is not your fault. My actions, what I do, it's not you fault. I own them. They belong to me. You are not allowed to feel my guilt"

"Do you feel guilt?" Stefan question

I snap my book shut startling them "a thousand years worth of guilt" then I leave

__________________________________________________________________________________

we are all sitting in Alaric's classroom

Damon finally enters

"Damon, thanks for coming" Alaric says

"Sorry I'm late" Damon utters "My dog at me uh...never mind"

I lift an eyebrow at the scene "Well.....I'm supposed to be out there helping my pretty girlfriend build a float, so somebody spill"

"I saw Isobel last night" Alaric blurts out

my eyebrows furrow "The ex-wife who is actually Elena's bio mom?"

Alaric, Stefan, and Elena glare daggers at me

"She's here?" Damon questions causing Alaric to nod "In town?"

I huff "Did you ask her about John?"

"Are they working together?" Damon follows directly after

"No"

"No they're not?" Damon tries

"No, I didn't ask" Alaric growls

"Did you ask about the invention then? Is she involved with the tomb vampires?" I fire off

"I don't know" Alaric says

"Did words completely escape you" Damon snaps

"It's very easy" I state "just open your mouth and talk"

"I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions" Alaric snaps back

we all turn to Elena

"What did she want" Damon breaks the silence

"She wants to see me" Elena answers

my nose scrunches "Did you tell her to piss off?"

"She's threatened to go one a killing spree" Alaric states

Damon and I shrug but then he says "I take it that's not okay with you guys"

"I want to do it" the petty little doppelganger reveals "I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon, Alaric, and I are standing outside the grill

"We should be in there" Damon growls

"No, Isobel made it clear we're not to step foot inside" Alaric says

"This is what you get for turning someone that wants to be turned" I snap "Only people who are coocoo for coco puffs want to be vampires"

"I'm not going to kill her in a crowded restraunt" Damon points out

"I would" I put in

"You two are not going to kill her period" Alaric states

"She ruined your life and you still want to protect her?" Damon asks

"She's my wife" Alaric points out

"The vows are till death do you part" I say "She's dead so your parted"

Alaric smacks the back on my head "I looked for the women I married but she wasn't there. Whoever that is, she's cold and detached"

"She's given up her humanity" Damon tells

"Yeah, see, I don't get that" Alaric says "Stefan has his humanity, he's a good guy. And you two are dicks and you kill people but I still see something human in the two of you. But with her there was...nothing"

"when you're a vampire you don't have to have humanity" I sigh "Feeling are amplified so it can be to much. It's easier to not have any emotions. I mean if you could turn it off, wouldn't you?"

"You two haven't" Alaric says

"of course I have, Ric." Damon laughs "It's why I'm so fun to be around....him on the other hand I don't know"

they both look at me

"Seven hundred years ago" I tell them "I turned it off after someone I thought to be someone special did something bad. I lived humanity less for three hundred years"

"Exactly how old are you?" Alaric questions

"Last night he said he has a thousand years worth of guilt" Damon adds

Alaric hums "That could just be a saying..."

"I'm not telling" I say "good luck guessing"