XXX

LOGANS POINT OF VIEW

Tears pricked my eyes as I looked at the door to my boyfriend's hospital room. The doctor had told me an hour ago that he would be alright. I should have felt relieved, but until I know Izzy will be alright, I couldn't bring myself to feel anything but broken. They were my lifelines. The two of them and Emma were what kept me floating in the depths of my heartache. And there was so much of it these days. They told me Teo had a concussion, and a broken wrist, but other than that he was alright. I knew he was alright.

Yet I feared when I opened the door, I wouldn't see that. I couldn't stand to see someone I loved so much in pain. But he needed me. The doctor said he'd been asking for me since he woke up this morning. I've been here for almost 36 hours straight. Tyler tried to get me to go home, take a shower, and get some sleep, but I knew I wouldn't get a moment's peace until I was sure they were both alright. We haven't heard much about Izzy yet. She was stable an hour ago, but not enough for us to see her.

They said she got it bad. Worse than Teo. I heard one doctor say it was a miracle she was even still alive after that. He said it like she wouldn't be much longer. But she would. She had to be. I couldn't lose her, or Teo. I simply couldn't do it. I took a deep breath as I braced myself, pushing the door open slowly. His mom sat on one side, gripping his hand tightly. His dad leaned against the wall in the corner, watching me as I stepped in. I have known the Gately's since I was nine years old when I and Teo first met.

They were like my replacement family after my Mom left and Dad died. They always made sure I and the rest of my siblings had everything we needed, and they were a big help to Tyler when he first got custody.

"Hi sweetheart," Mrs.Gately said softly, standing up from the couch. She came over and wrapped her arms around my torso. I hugged her back gladly. She was more of a mother to me than mine ever was. I certainly loved her like a Mom.

"You doing okay, baby?" She asked.

I sighed shakily and looked at her. "I'll be fine. As soon as I know Izzy's alright, I'll be fine."

"Logan, I'm sure everything will be fine. We're here for you no matter what." His dad leaned off the wall and clapped me on the shoulder. They knew all about Izzy. I had been using them and Teo as my therapists since she came back, but they never seemed to mind. They thought of me as a son as much as I thought of them as parents.

"I'm sure it will, Mr.Gately," I muttered. We all heard someone clear their throat behind us, and turned to see Teo watching me expectantly.

"Mom, Dad, can you give us a minute please?" Teo asked. The pair nodded and left the room, each with another wish of luck for Izzy.

"Hey baby," I whispered, sitting down gently on the edge of his bed. He looked tired, and sad, but smiled at me nonetheless.

"Hi, honey." He said, taking my hand in his own. He had a bruise on his eye, making the lid swell up, his lip was raw and tender. I put a gentle hand to his cheek, and he cupped his own over it. "Are you okay?"