Call from The Elders

A/N
Please read the previous chapter for a better understanding.

Xander's POV

She is taking too much time inside. Is she alright?

I could feel her emotions a little through our mate bond but we are not mated yet so it is still very faint.

I was about to enter the room when Alyssa mind linked me and asked me into the meeting room. Something very urgent came up.

"Grace, love. Are you all right?" I called her because I couldn't leave without telling her.

"Yes, I am fine. I will be out in a minute." She replied.

"Okay, take your time and take a rest. I am in the meeting room. Come there  if you need me." I told her.

"Okay." she replied.

I left immediately after that. I ordered my best warrior to guard her door.

I entered the meeting room and I saw Dean and Rock was in a very heated discussion. Alyssa was standing quietly.

As I entered they all went silent.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

No one replied at once.

"I don't have time for this. I had to talk to Grace. I have so many questions to ask her. Will you guys finish this fast?"  I said again.

"The Elders called." Alyssa said.

"The Elders? But why? Is there a meeting of the alphas? There must be some rogues attacks again." I asked.

"They know about Grace. They want to meet her." She said.

"Why they want to see her? She doesn't feel comfortable with the people around her." I told them.

"She is the one who will fulfill the prophecy. They must tell her about what she will be facing soon." Alyssa said.

"It is very important for her to visit there. No one knows what exactly is the prophecy. We need to find out the whole truth to be ready for the future and Luna's safety." Dean insisted.

"Okay, I will take her when I will get the time." I said but I heard them all sigh simultaneously. I looked at them as they all were looking here and there.

"Why? What's the matter now?" I asked frustrated.

"You can not leave the pack." Said Alyssa.

"We just had the oldest Vampire in our territory. All pack members are scared. As their alpha, you had to stay here for their protection." Said Dean.

"You can stay here as you are the second in command, it will take only a few days. You have managed the pack before too. And I am here too, so is Alyssa." Rock argued.

"This journey is as important to me as it is for Luna. I am also the part of this so-called prophecy." Dean retorted. "And I have this feeling that I must go with her. I don't know how to explain this feeling to you all but I know that I will go insane if she slips out of my sight." Dean said it with so much integrity, that it irritated me immensely.

His feelings could be felt by everyone present in the room. They all could see that he was in so much pain just by thinking of living without 'my mate'.

It is a crime to have this kind of feeling towards your own Luna but their case is different. I can not even object to them.

"Alpha, I think so you should let them go alone. After a few days, when the situation here will be calmed a little you can join them." Alyssa said.

"No, never." I was so irritated with this whole arrangement that I didn't even think about what Alyssa had suggested.

"Alpha." Dean requested to consider this option.

"I SAID NO." I roared at him.

He should think twice before talking to me.

He is my best friend. He knows how much I waited for my mate. How I longed to love someone wholeheartedly and to be loved by them. He knows everything. He knows how hard this decision is for me. Still, he dares to stand in front of me, looking me in the eyes.
.
.
.

'Because he knows what he is saying, is correct and in the good for everyone.' My wolf said in my head. 'I don't want any man near my mate too, but at this moment her future is more important.' Blake is more possessive than me but even he agreed with the situation.

"I will talk to..." I could not complete the sentence because Dean suddenly started groaning. He fell on his knees.

We all rushed to him. Alyssa tried to check him but he started to transform into his wolf form. He punched on the floor trying to stop the sudden transform but it was next to impossible to stop this in the middle of the process.

He looked at me in agony. "Grace...go to Grace." He whimpered.

Then I felt it. She was in pain too. I ran out of the room. Within a second I was outside of her room. My guard was kneeling beside Grace. Grace was also screaming in pain.

What the hell is this now? Why all of this is happening to this little girl? She only saw the pain in her life.

I ran beside her. I took her hand in mine but it was so hot that I had to remove my hand immediately.

She cried out loud. Her body was illuminated with a strange light.

Her body must be scorching hot inside. I could feel the heat without touching her.

I was about to touch her again to comfort her because only a mate can ease the pain of one another, but a roar stopped me.

I looked behind. Everything happened so quickly that I hardly noticed it.

When I again looked at Grace, a wolf was standing above Grace in a protective stance.

The wolf was Dean's but it looked larger than it used to be. It's not possible to grow within a day.

The wolf was looking directly into my eyes with baring his fangs at me.

How dare he?

I glared at him to show my disapproval of his actions. But he snarled at me.

Then I experienced the most painful moment of my life.

I saw Grace embraced him and her pain alleviated. She snuggled her face in his fur.

It should be. She should seek me when in pain, not my best friend, my beta.

I closed my eyes. 'Alyssa, prepare for a journey of three. You are going with them.' I instructed her through the mind-link and ran out of the house.

I need some space. I exit the house and turned into my wolf. He howled loudly.

I heard symultanious howls from my pack. They must have felt the pain I was feeling.

'Alpha, what happened?' Someone asked through mind-link but I shut them all out of my mind and ran far away.

**************

Hello, sweeties.

It's been long.

I hope this chapter was worth the wait.

See you guys soon with another update.

Love you all.