Under Attack

Xander's POV-

She was sleeping peacefully. I still can not imagine that I have a mate now. We have a very twisted fate, not like usual mates, she is mute but still, I am very lucky to even have one.

I was looking at her when suddenly she started to stir up. It looked like she was trying to reach out for something. She was throwing her arms and legs everywhere. I jumped out of my chair and went to her.

At this rate, she might hurt herself. I have to wake her up.

I took her my arms and tried to wake her up. I heard someone rushed into the room. It was Dean.

"I felt like she needs me." Dean said out of breath.

I didn't want to show my unhappiness with his deep connection with my mate that he came here so fast, so I ignored him.

She started to open her eyes. She was just looking at us. Not responding to my words at all.

Then suddenly she started saying something about a woman and that the woman knows about the prophecy.

But what got my attention was the fact that she talked. That I heard her voice for the first time.

I was beyond shocked. "Grace, you are talking to us." I told her.

She went quiet. After a few moments, her eyes went wide. She realized that she really talked to us.

"I can hear my voice." She said one word at a time. Like she was taking her time to hear every word she was saying.

The realization, shock, and excitement lighten up her eyes. "I talked. I actually am saying things. I can not believe it." She then looked at me in the eyes. Her excitement was contagious because I stated to feel the same.

"How do I sound?" She asked curiously.

"As sweet as you are. It suits you the best." Replied the man, I used to call my best friend and my beta.

Can't he see, she is asking me not him?

I glared at him but on the contrary, Grace was giving him a beautiful smile.

Calm down, Xander. You can beat this bastard in the training field.

I calmed myself down. I was about to say her how I think about her voice but suddenly someone else barged in the room.

It was Rock. My third in command.

"Alpha, we are under attack. Someone tried to invade our territory." He said panting.

I stood up in front of Grace as my first instinct to protect her. So did Dean.

"It has started." Both Grace and Dean said together.

I hate it when they act like this. It's like I am the third one in between them.

Calm down. It's not the time for this.

"What has started?" I asked to no one in particular.

"The prophecy..." They said together again.

I ignored them both. I have more pressing matters here. I looked towards Rock. "Take all the warriors to the boundaries. Tell the other men to guard the packhouse." I gave him his order. He left immediately.

I mind linked Alyssa. 'We are under attack. Take women, children, and elders to the safe house. Luna will be there soon.' I seized our link.

I looked at Grace and then at Dean. His eyes went black which means his wolf had taken over control on his mind. I saw his hand were changing in between his beast and his human form.