The Royal family

Xander's POV

"What do you mean that she will be stronger than me?" I asked confused. "That's not physically possible. She is just a little girl and I am the strongest Alpha of the strongest pack in the world." I said frustrated. Everything is messed up here. I couldn't think properly. "It's not that I am belittling her but use some common sense."

"We are not saying that you are belittling her but it's what the Elders told us." Alyssa said.

"And you have seen her growing power. We have no idea what is going on and how she is unlike anything we have ever been exposed to. You have to admit that she is different. And this prophecy, we don't know a fucking thing about it or how she is related to this all. We can only rely on the Elders' words. At least it will prepare us for whatever could happen." Dean said.

It irritates me when he is right, especially in her case. I had nothing to say so I stayed quiet. I looked at Grace who was still in cold water. I looked at her mark, I bent down, there was no wound or any scent at all. There is usually a scent coming from the mark the female werewolf wore to remind others that she has been taken by her mate. But that's not with her. There was a healed bite mark, which should take minimum one week to heal. She didn't feel the pleasure that I felt and which is normal for any couple to experience while marking. It is a natural reaction of our bodies so that we complete mating while we mark our mate.

All female werewolves carry their mate's scent. Why is she so different? I don't know if I should be happy that she nothing like other females or worry that even after being marked she doesn't carry my scent. 

Her body was back to normal. I pulled her out, wrapped a bathrobe around her and took her into the room. I saw Allysa and Dean standing in there. Dean immediately started groaning, seeing her in my arms. I roared at him. He should not be horny by eyeing my mate. I would not let it slide.

Dean was restraining himself but it must have been hard because he decided to leave. Before leaving he said, "The elders have something to tell you. So let Luna rest and come out."

"You don't tell me what to do?" I scolded him but he didn't stay to hear that. He had already left. "That brat is getting out of control."

"Alpha, we don't know what exactly he is going through. We understand your emotions because that's what we have known and seen all our lives but what these two are going through is out of our experience so I will suggest you to be patient with him." Alyssa said.

"What do you think I have been doing so far? I am sharing her with him. It is not acceptable but I love Grace too much and that brat is also important to me only that's why I am tolerating it. What more do you expect from me?" I retorted.

"I can understand. That's why you must find out the whole truth and everything about this prophecy." Alyssa suggested. I nodded. I tucked Grace under the bed and went to see the elders with Alyssa.

.

.

.

"We don't know much. I have read the books about it and we have documents of the Royal family tree, but..."

"But what?" I asked the Elder.

"But the tree is not complete. We lost the record of the last royal blood several decades ago. Only the royals knew what exactly about the prophecy. It had been passing through them for generations." They told us.

"So, if we found out about Grace's family, we will track down the royal bloodline again?" Dean asked.

"Yes, but if they disappeared that means they had their reasons to do so. So, you will have to be careful before doing anything." They said.

"But there is only one problem." I said. It would have been very easy in any other case but I already knew the answer to this.

"What problem?" Dean asked.

"Grace is orphan. Seeing what she went through, I asked Jason to look into her background. What we found out was that she was left at the boundary of their territory and was taken in by the beta's family. They already had a daughter. So, no one knows where she came from." I told them everything that I found out. They looked defeated. 

We were in our thoughts when Dean started grunting. I already knew what was happening. I didn't wait for him to tell me and ran for Grace. I was downstairs in the hallway so it took me time to reach her but what shocked me was there was someone already there, near her. 

"Her mark, her mark is different." It was Dean. He was the one standing beside her. But how?

"How did you..."

"That's not important. We have to find out why I felt that I was in pain, when she is still asleep."

"How would I know?" I said bitterly. I couldn't find out many things regarding her. Suddenly Dean stumbled towards me and lost his balance in the middle. He fell on the floor face down. 

I ran towards him. I mind-linked Alyssa and told her the situation. I put Dean on the bed. I hated to see them both lying side by side but in this situation, I had no choice. Alyssa came immediately.

"What exactly happened?"

"I don't know. I came here to check up on Grace but somehow Dean was here before me and when he was saying something about Grace's mark he fell on the ground." Alyssa went up to him and checked his pulse. And then Checked on Grace.

"They both are just sleeping. I think we have to wait and see how they feel after getting up." 

"Thanks Alyssa.

"It's my duty Alpha. So, what will you do next? The Elder said that we have to find out about Grace's family to find out the next clue."

"I know, we should visit her pack after we settle things here." Alyssa nodded. After some time Dean started to howl in sleep. The calling was so painful that it made me tear up. "What had happened? Why is he..." I could not say another word and went up to him. Before I could do anything I saw Grace hold his hand in hers. He started to calm down. It pained me, again. I should now get used to it. I wanted to leave, it was unbearable for me. I was in physical pain but I can not leave her in this unknown state of mind for him. I can not leave him in pain too. So gulped the bitterness in my heart and sat on the couch and waited for any of them to wake up.

But it didn't happen. Instead, the wind around them started to pick up the pace and the weather outside started to change. I looked at them, their expressions were grim. Suddenly something struck into my mind.

They are...

"Alpha, I think they are dreaming the same dream. And they are the ones causing this unnatural change in the weather."

"They are together, even in the dreams."

*********************

Hello, lovelies. I know everyone was waiting for this chapter. But the next few chapters will be full of surprises, so wait for the next chapter. I will try and make it soon.