seven : 103

'You're in trouble, Embry

'You're in trouble, Embry.' Embry didn't bother turning his head to look at Sam, instead sitting down and keeping his eyes on Claudia's house. 'You know you're not supposed to be around Claudia like this, I've told you it's against the rules.' Embry rolled his eyes.

'I'm not phasing next to her, am I? I'm already like this when we meet up.' Embry huffed.

'It's still dangerous.' Sam insisted. 'How long?' Embry didn't answer. 'How long, Embry?' This time, Sam used his Alpha voice, so Embry had no choice but to answer.

'A few weeks.' He answered, his eyes flicking towards the beach as he saw the light from Claudia's room faintly illuminate the sand. He got up and Sam followed as he crossed the street and moved onto the sand. 'I had to know how she was. It's not my fault she came out here after me.' The memory played easily in Embry's mind and Sam watched.

'You imprinted on her?' Sam now stood in front of Embry's his eyes narrowed. 'And you hid this from us?'

'What else was I supposed to do!' Embry's paw stamped heavy into the sand. 'I know that Jake's close, so I didn't want you all blabbing it to him the second he phases, before I've even told her.'

'You still should've said something, this is a big deal Embry.' Sam glanced up to the bright window of Claudia's room. 'You do understand that this could put her in danger, if she's not aware of what's going on?' Embry huffed angrily.

'She's fine. I'm watching out for her.' Embry insisted. He looked up at Claudia's window, seeing her watching the water from her desk. He sighed. 'She won't even let me talk to her, anyway.' Sam began to sift through Embry's memories, much to his annoyance. 'Stop that!' He growled. 'She told me a ton of private stuff, Sam, stuff she wouldn't want you knowing. Just get out of my head, I'll tell you what you want to know.'

'What does she know? Have you told her anything?'

'No. I was trying to last night, but she wouldn't listen to me.' He let out a low whine as the lights in Claudia's room shut off. 'Barely let me talk at all. I really screwed up, Sam. She...she says she wants to forgive me, but doesn't know if she should, or if she can. It's killing me.' Sam sighed.

'I'm sorry, Embry.' He looked out towards the water. 'I'm sorry I made things so hard for you.' Embry sighed.

'It's my fault, not yours.' Sam looked back at him. 'Can I stay, for a little longer at least? Until I know she's asleep?'

'Head home when you're done here.' Sam instructed. 'Jared and Paul have patrol tonight. You need to get in some time as a human, and some time to sleep.' Embry nodded.

'Thanks Sam.' They didn't speak again as Sam left, and Embry laid down in the sand next to Claudia's house. He could hear the tv still on downstairs, but it turned off after a few minutes. In less than an hour, he was sure everyone in the house was asleep, so he began heading towards his house.