ix.

(Y'all I'm sorry if these dresses are reused or not from victorian times, it's so difficult to find those types of dresses on Google. So please don't get mad <3)

"Eleanor dear, you may want to wake up and get ready! The party starts in less than six hours." Josephine's voice rang through the quiet bedroom as I groaned and rolled over. 

"Yes ma'am." I mumbled back before peeling myself out of the comfortable bed. 

I can't believe that they let me sleep till noon! Mother would be off her rocker if she found out I had slept any more than eight hours. But I did feel quite refreshed, since now mother makes me sleep only about six because I have to take care of Harvey while she's off doing lord knows what. 

Making my way to my own personal bathroom, I turned the water on and the tub began to fill with steaming hot water. Aunt Josephine was rich, obviously, so she had indoor plumbing built into her house. We have it at our house as well since father is wealthy, but I know Anne doesn't. 

After about an hour of just relaxing and cleansing myself, I clambered out of the tub and drained the water. As the water was finishing draining, I leaned over the tub and pulled the curtains back before shoving the windows open. All at once, the bathroom was filled with warm summer air with a touch of cold from the breeze. 

"Ahh." I sighed out as I made my way back to the mirror in the bathroom. Mirrors were another "rich people" thing, Diana and I had them in our house while Anne did not. But me and Diana made sure to give her one so she didn't feel left out, even if it was only a tiny hand held one. 

"Are you getting ready Eleanor? Might we come in?" Diana asked as she gently knocked on the bedroom door. 

"Yes, all except Cole." I yell back. 

"Awe come on! Why not me?" Cole grumbled. 

"Because I'm naked Cole, and that would be un-ladylike of me to allow a male into my room while I'm undressed." I giggle back. 

"Ew yeah, never mind. I'll be downstairs with Josephine if you need me! But try not too!" he yells before I can hear his footsteps clamoring down the stairs. 

"He's so dramatic." Anne giggles fill my room as I can hear her and Diana enter and shut the door. 

"Do you have your dress Eleanor? Anne and I are already dressed. Do you need any help getting into yours?" Diana asked as I could hear her shuffling around the room. 

"My dress is hanging in the wardrobe, along with my corset. I think I might need one of you to lace up my corset and zip up the dress, but other than that I should be alright on my own." I exclaim as I make my way out of the bathroom. 

I had a towel wrapped tightly around my body as my wavy hair was starting to curl and bounce up from the water. Anne and Diana were looking through my wardrobe as I walked over and grabbed out my undergarments before slipping them on and letting my towel rest in the dirty clothing basket. 

"This is your dress? Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous!" Anne gasped as she pulled out my dress. 

The dress that I had picked out was one from a New York catalog that my father had sent to me. He allowed me to pick out one dress from the catalog and he would buy it for me, I picked out a beautiful gown. 

The gown itself was a light beige color with beautiful pink pearl accents and lace trimming the skirt The neckline of the dress was more of a square cut, which may seem a little mature for someone my age but mother agreed that I would look beautiful in it. 

"Don't you think it's a bit scandalous at your age?" Diana asked as she stared at the neckline of the dress. 

"Not at all, Josephine's house is a place to express one's self without having to worry about what others think. I love the dress, and there shouldn't be a reason I cannot wear it. A silly excuse like "that's too mature for your age" or "That dress is showing too much cleavage!" is just a way of adults trying to nitpick and limit what us girls are allowed to wear. They shouldn't have to worry that something will happen to us if we show off a little more of our body, they need to teach their sons how to behave around women." I state as I pull my corset out of the closet and slip it on.