xxvi.

"Bottles, nappies, extra clothes..." Eleanor checked to make sure everything was loaded into Dellphine's bag as she had the baby resting on her hip. 

"Now we need Uncle Gilbert to finish loading the baby carriage into the back." Bash smirked as he motioned to the struggling boy. 

Eleanor rolled her eyes and handed Bash Delphine and the bag, she hurried down the porch stairs and helped Gilbert push the carriage onto the horse drawn carriage. 

"I could've got it on my own." Gilbert muttered as he planted a kiss to her cheek. 

"I know love." she smiled but turned to Bash and shook her head. 

He chuckled before shaking his head at them, they all climbed into the cart. Eleanor sat on the edge, her feet swinging and the breeze hitting her perfect curls. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the county fair! Step up! Step up!" a man shouted in the distance. 

Eleanor smiled as the sounds of playful music, children laughing, people talking, and trees swaying in the breeze filled her ears. She hopped out of the cart, grabbed Delphine and gave her a tiny twirl to which she laughed at. 

"Oh Delphine, if only Mary were here to see this." she smiled and gave the baby a quick squeeze. 

"Do not forget your scones Eleanor." Bash reminded. 

"Oh! I almost forgot." she chuckled and grabbed the basket, slipping it onto her arm as she headed towards the entrance. 

She handed the man a dime and told him to keep the change as she waved for Bash and Gilbert to come quicker. They hurried up to her side as the three of them admired the whimsical fun of the fair. 

"Look!" Eleanor grinned as a man on stilts dressed in clown clothes was making faces to a little boy who was laughing. 

"I'll take Delphine, you go turn in your scones to the judges." Gilbert stated as he grabbed the baby. 

She nodded and waved to the two before hurrying off to find the judges tent, once she found them she quickly entered her name in and gave them her basket of delicious scones she finished yesterday. She could see Anne's cake and she wanted to cry it was so beautiful. 

"Eleanor!" Anne's voice made her jump slightly as she turned around. 

"Hello Anne." she smiled and gave the girl a quick hug. 

"Wheres Delphine?" Anne asked as she could barely stand still from excitement. 

"She's with Gilbert, let's go find them." Eleanor giggled and grabbed the girls hand, pulling her through the crowd. 

They searched almost the entire fairground but couldn't seem to find Bash or Gilbert anywhere. Marilla was holding to baby, but gave her to Eleanor because she had to hurry off to find Matthew. 

Eleanor was walking near the entrance when she seen Gilbert's head of curly hair, she also noticed a neat head of dirty blonde hair under a hat. 

"Who do you think that is Delphine? And why is she talking to Gilbert?" Eleanor grumbled as she started towards them. 

Gilbert turned around as he heard the crunch of someones feet, he jumped slightly as he saw Eleanor's confused and slightly upset face staring at him. 

"Eleanor! I was just about to come find you." Gilbert smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. 

Eleanor was able to get a better look at the girl as she was standing directly infront of her now. She was tall, had light blue eyes, fair skin, and a gorgeous figure.