xxviii.

Hello Everyone! This is my final chapter of my story. This chapter will include some flash forwards, it will include a bunch of different stories of Eleanor and Gilbert's future. I hope you all enjoy!

(And we're just going to pretend that's Eleanor and Gilbert kissing hehe)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well! Here it is." Gilbert sighed as he flopped onto the box he had just sat down, the final box from the carriage that he had to rent once he and Eleanor got off of the train in New York. 

"Doesn't it just make you want to cry?" she smiled as she twirled in the open room. 

Gilbert looked around and chuckled, the small one bedroom one bath apartment that Eleanor's aunt had given them seemed to make him want to cry. 

"I know it needs some work...but at least Aunt Sherrie was sweet enough to let us live here! Rent free!" Eleanor squealed as she began to open up some boxes. 

"I can't argue with that." Gilbert shrugged and got down on his knees to help her unpack. 

In no time, the two were able to unpack most of their decorations and everything. It wasn't much but it was small enough items to make the room feel more like home. 

"Now we much hurry and find furniture before the stores close for the evening. My father has a friend in downtown queens that is letting us have a pick of the store, my father said he will pay him however much our furniture is." Eleanor smiled as she grabbed her purse and pulled Gilbert up. 

Gilbert smiled at the girl as he was dragged out of the apartment and down the two flights of stairs. He always knew that Eleanor was a little spoiled, but she truly did mean well. Although she was given everything she wanted at a young age, it came with the cost of never seeing her father, that was out making money for her spending. And never being able to truly connect with her family, besides being given rich and lavish gifts.

Although she came from lots of money, she was still one of the most humble people that Gilbert had ever met. She wanted to use the money that her father gave Gilbert for some projects around the city to help make it more "homey" as she calls it. 

"Gilbert! Come on hurry! The shops only open for another two hours and we must be quick! I want to look at EVERYTHING!" she squealed, pulling her boyfriend into a horse drawn carriage. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two and half hours of walking and picking out furniture, Eleanor and Gilbert had decided on the few perfect items that would make their apartment flourish. 

The owner, Billy Crenshaw, said he would have the furniture shipped directly to the two kids apartment. And the bill would go straight to Mr Park's office in New York, where it would quickly be written off as a business expense. 

Eleanor almost seemed to jump with joy as she walked back into her and Gilbert's empty apartment. 

"Oh wasn't that the most lovely evening Gilbert? The furniture was all so beautiful! And Mr Crenshaw was so sweet, he even said that his men could have all of the furniture moved and set up how we like it! Oh I could cry I'm so happy." she beamed. 

Gilbert chuckled as he pulled her in, their lips smashed against each others in a rhythm of passion. As Gilbert pulled away, he was quick to take Eleanor's small face in his large hands and rub his thumb across her cheek. 

"We'll both be starting school soon, are you sure you will be able to handle working a store and attending school?" Gilbert asked, his voice low and worrisome.