10.

Path of roses
We walked on
Were nothing but just a mere illusion
Thought we were
Still together,
I shouldn't have unseen the diversion

Petals withered away
And so my smile
Your sweet words were all a lie
I was stupid
Should've better known
There was no 'us' between you and I..

'Aren't you done yet?' Jungkook's sharp voice came from the other side while I was inside the bathroom, blankly staring at the pregnancy kit.

Jungkook had handed me a pregnancy kit just after I gained my consciousness.

And declining all the symptoms that I had been getting since couple of weeks, I entered the bathroom, thinking I wasn't pregnant...I couldn't be pregnant...

But my fear turned into reality...Those two red lines,..I couldn't deny it....

I unlocked the door and he came inside questioning me with his eyes about the result. I placed the kit in his hands to which he immediately dumped in the trashcan as soon as his eyes fell upon those red streaks.

I had no clue what to feel. Should I have been happy that I was carrying a life inside me or mourn over the fact that the child's father was anything but a decent human being.

'We don't need this.' He said, pointing towards my stomach while saying 'this'.

There was no point to argue, so I just ignored him and came out of the bathroom with him following me. May be he wanted to know my response...

'Let's go and abort that thing right now..' His voice was low but I could clearly decipher the digust in his words.

That was it....

I turned around and slapped him with all the force I could imply...

How could he be so insensitive? How could he say those words? How could he say 'thing' to his own blood?

'Who the hell are you to order me around?'
I yelled right after I slapped him..

God knows, where the courage came from but I felt proud over myself that I didn't give in to his words....

Just in few seconds I was thrown on the floor and he backhanded me causing my whole upper body to jerk sideways with the power he had striked me with.

'Who allowed you to yell at me and moreover who allowed you to slap me? Aren't you being too courageous, just because I had ignored you spewing bullshit, few hours back?' He was fuming in anger, I guess I hurted his ego with my actions but it felt satisfying.

I chuckled observing his state. He towered over me being all bewildered and confused....

'What the fuck you are laughing at?' He was boiling with anger as he harshly cupped my jaw...

'You' I mouthed anticipating a hit or a slap and covered my stomach soon after...

He marched out of the room mumbling curses and I heavily sighed in relief.

And the very exact moment, I knew I was going to keep the child.

The way, I had my hands secured around my stomach to protect the innocent life inside me, a wave of emotions striked me and I was sobbing.

I was screaming, shouting, crying....if someone had seen me in that state, they would have thought of me as a crazy person.

Where is the lie though...I really had gone crazy.

'What happened? Are you okay?' Jungkook hastily entered the room and approached me being all worried and scared.....

Or did I mistook his expressions?

He encircled me in his arms after wiping my tears. I was still thrashing and moving around. I wasn't in my senses. The anger, frustration, hate had blinded my mind and jungkook was doing his best to calm me down and bring me back to my senses.

He rubbed my back, carresed my head, my cheek and again tightly secured me in his hold.

'Keep the baby if you want to. I won't say anything.' He delicately whispered in my ears and I cried more.

What was the use of showing care after destroying my heart, until I no longer had the will to live...

What was even the use??

Few hours back, I was so desperate to escape from jungkook that I would have killed myself too but after knowing that there was another life inside me who is pure, innocent.... waiting to come out to the world with a naive soul, I had an ephinany of where I had reached...

The only person I had trusted my life, soul and heart with, broke me down and although unknowingly,.... but I was going to harm my own child with my foolishness....

I had only experienced downfall in my life...but I wanted my child to have an wonderful life ahead unlike mine.