23.

'Be still.' Jiwon scolded me while applying antiseptic on my bare back.

I was sitting on the bed gripping the duvet underneath to cope up with every sting that came when she dabbed the antiseptic soaked cotton on my wound.

Jungkook as usual went elsewhere leaving me in pain. And I wasn't even hurt. I expected that kind of attitude from him, anyways. It wasn't like he cared about about me or anything.

'I bet you are happy seeing me like this. I wasn't really expecting you to come and save me from your brother. Is this perhaps another act of yours and your's brother?' I could hear a stifle laugh from her...

'I don't know about me but is this you consoling yourself for all this situation to turn out to be a mere act and nothing else or are you still hoping, jungkook would come back and treat you like how you want to be treated?' She said, blowing a puff of air on my bruise to make it sting less.

Atleast she was not like her brother.....

'I am not that delusional you know? Act or not.....I hate your brother to death. He is an animal and I don't love him anymore. I am just with him for my baby's safety....which is also his but it seems like he doesn't give a fuck. And if this was not an act, then why did you save me? I thought you hated me.' I could feel her hand movements coming to a halt after a while.

'We both had a horrible past. It feels unbelievable to convince myself that I am alive and when I hear myself breath, I remember being choked by our dad who ignored my shallow breathings and continued squeezing air out of me. Our dad was a monster. Beating us for no reason, locking us in the drawer. The remembrance of that suffocating tight packed space doesn't let me sleep peacefully until now. His evil grin haunts me like a nightmare and the same goes with jungkook. When our mother was pregnant with her third child, dad beat her until she was lying on her own pool of blood. Thankfully she survived! Whenever I look at your bump, it reminds me of my mother who was once drowned in sorrow.  Fortunately she was able to move on. She got married again and now when I see her smiling face, it feels unreal. You seem like my mom who was fragile and petite and so in love with our abusive dad who didn't give a fuck about her and her sufferings.'

'What about your biological dad then?'I asked turning at her who was tentative to answer my very simple question.

'Jungkook killed him when he was 13. The second he saw our bruised up mom sprawled on the floor, he stabbed our dad right across in his neck. Blood spurted everywhere....at the wall, at his face that made him look so demonic with the blood lathered up in his face.' I was more than terrified hearing what jungkook did to his own dad. I was living with a murderer all these months and I was so unaware of it.

'Are you seriously surprised, jimin? Didn't he deserve it? Didn't jungkook do right? Our dad was an abuser and people like them don't deserve to live at all. They should be given the most painful death to experience what the victim went through...'

A victim of domestic abuse killed his abuser and the victim turned into an offender in the future repeating the same thing his dad did to his family....it was the conclusion of everything I got to know and jungkook getting abused doesn't excuse him at all for him to paint me blue and black.

'And how does it feel to see your dad once again in the form of your brother? Does it feel nice, jiwon?' She went silent and I chuckled at her reaction.

'Sorry to say but you and jungkook getting abused years before, has nothing to do with me. I am sad to hear about your past but currently it's about me and my unborn child. I may sound insensitive but I can't seem to think of any other person when I almost died several minutes back in this same room. My child is my only priority now and I can't sympathise even a bit for my abuser. Just like how you hate your dad who is dead long ago, I hate jungkook with my all might. And he is well and alive. Just imagine the hatred I have for him....Thanks for saving me from jungkook earlier but it appears like he would really kill me and my baby very soon. You can't save me all the time and  being a coward that I am,...I only say big things but can't put it into action...' I said and took my disposed loose tshirt from the other side of the bed and wore it.

'I would help you run away from him. If that's what makes you happy, jimin!'