Backfire

I snapped my eyes open as I found myself moving up and down and sound of the leaves rustling. I slowly looked up to find Alex carrying me bridal style through the woods, he still hadn't noticed that I had awaken until I let out a moan of pain as I felt my body muscles clench at the same time, all at once.

The pain was so unbearable I clenched his shirt and started shaking uncontrollably. He looked down to me with a pair of worried eyes. He carefully placed me down as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me before carrying me into his warm arms again.

I started hyperventilating as we finally reached back to the very same house I wanted to escape from.

He walked in the house as he took me to the bedroom and placed me down on the bed which felt comfier than any bed.

I looked at him as tears poured down my eyes. I was not sure if it was tears of joy because I was rescued or tears of sadness because I failed to escape him.

But either way, he came towards me as he caressed my face which was now covered with a little bit of dirt and blood along with my tears as I flinched to his touch.

He sigh as he brought a bowl of warm water and a towel. He slowly dipped it inside and squeezed it making sure the water was out.

He slowly cleaned my face and wound as I couldn't help but feel relaxed.

"You need to get changed. Your outfit is dirty and wet. You're only going to get more sick."
He said as I nodded weakly.

"You are lucky to have had only a mild sepsis. Why didn't you listen to me? All of this wouldn't have happened if you just stayed in this house."
He said with disappointment visible in his eyes as I looked down in guilt.

He was about to leave after cleaning me but I grabbed his hand making him look back at me.

"T-Thank y-ou and I'm s-sorry."
I said as he just pulled his hand from my grip, walking out closing the door.

I held my head as I mentally scolded myself.
What the hell, Audelia. You're saying thank you to your kidnapper for taking you back to this house and apologising to him for escaping the same house you had to escape.
Nice work, Audelia. Nice work.

I sigh and slowly woke up from the bed heading towards the shower to clean myself from the dirt and blood.

When I got up, a sting travelled through my feet as they got numb once again, causing me to fall to the cold hard floor on my side.

I let out a shriek of pain as I tried to touch my feet. They were bloody and stained with mud from the forest.

Suddenly, the door was blasted open revealing a worried Alex. He hurriedly rushed to me and carried me to the bed. He placed me down as he brought his first aid kit.

"This is going to hurt a bit, try to stand the pain while I clean your wounds. Otherwise, your life will be in danger."
He spoke as he walked towards the bathroom and brought out a pail.

"Dip your feet in them. It's going to sting a bit because it is soap water. It's one of the ways to clean your infected wound."
He said as I obeyed him, placing my feet in the soap water as I hissed in pain.

I bared the pain until Alex asked me to take them out. He used a towel to dry my feet and continued to apply antiseptic medicine to them.

"And there, done."
He said putting the items back into the first aid kit.

"Audelia, if you ever disobey me one more time. I promise your parents won't be around to see you."
He said threatening me as he showed me his gun and grinned.

"Understand?"
He added.

"Yes."
I spoke quietly.

"Now follow me and come down, dinner is ready."

I walked following behind him as we walked down the staircase to a luxurious living room before turning left to the dining table.

A man who was about a couple years older than me was seated there in the big table.

Alex and I sat down as the man glanced at me.

"So, she's the girl who kept on getting in trouble?"
He said grimly.

"Yeah, you could say that."
Alex said lazily.

"The name's Daniel. Daniel Kirk."
He put out his hand for me to shake. I was about to take his hand when Alex shoved it.

"Not this girl, Daniel. Find another one to be your toy."
Alex said blankly.

"Whatever."
Daniel rolled his eyes as we all began eating.

I looked down at the delicious pancakes that was looking back at me. I was starving. I grabbed the fork and knife as I began cutting and eating the pancake.

God, it felt like heaven. I greedily ate it all when I felt stares at me. I looked up to find both Daniel and Alex looking at me in shock.

"You were that hungry?"
Daniel asked dumbfounded.

"I didn't eat for 8 hours. What do you expect me to be? Full?"
I scoffed as I continued eating my food.

"Do you want some more?"
Alex asked.

"You have some more?"
I asked back.

"Yeah. I'll get them for you."
He said bringing another plate of pancakes as I ate them again.

After finishing our food, Alex told me to go up to the bedroom and sleep to get rest after what happened today.

I changed into my night clothes as I jumped on the bed, pulling the comforter over my head.

I wondered how mom was doing... how is Luca and Andre... how dad was going to find me. I need to keep faith in order to escape from here.

Dad, I really hope you will find me.