Stubborn

Audelia's pov:

Leo and I made our way back to the crowd who were waiting for us with a cake in the middle. I chuckled while making my way towards the cake with Leonardo next to me. And before I knew it, the lights went out startling me.

The crowd began erupting into laughter, singing the happy birthday song.

"Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to Audelia... Happy birthday to you."
I blew the candles out as they applauded before the lights were turned on again.

Leonardo cut a piece of the cake and slowly put it at my mouth. He leaned towards me.

"Don't bite my finger. Just eat the cake."
He whispered.

I looked at him and sigh. I obeyed his words and ate the cake causing the crowd to once again applaud.

Many of the guests came up to me, giving their presents to me and also conveying their wishes at the same time. And finally it reached the last person, a blonde woman. Bianca. I plastered a fake smile on my lips and she handed me a gift.

"Happy birthday."
She spoke without showing any sign of happiness. Whatever.

"Thank you."
I had to be polite no matter who it was I was talking to. Leonardo who was still next to me patted my shoulder. He was about to say something when a man came up to me.

"There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere."
Leonardo's brother, Marco showed up in front of me with a wrapped box in his hands. He flashed a big smile as he handed me the box.

"Happy birthday, Audelia. Wait... hold up. There's a stain on your cheek."
My heart was thumping fast. That was no simple stain, it was blood from Douglas. I must've accidentally miss that spot off when I was cleaning my face.

Before Marco could put his hands on my face to rub the stain, I moved back a little wiping the stain myself.

"It must've been the lipstick. I might have accidentally left the stain there. Thank you for telling me, Marco."
He was puzzled but he shook it off and smiled.

"No problem. And uh, if you wouldn't mind, could I please borrow Leonardo from you."
He seemed kind of nervous.

"Yeah, I'll see you later Leo."
Leo smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead as I walked away from the both of them, leaving them to their talk.

A couple of hours passed and it was soon 12 at midnight. Leo and I have said our goodbyes to the guests leaving the house empty once again. I normally don't enjoy being with a huge crowd, but I enjoyed today. It was fun aside from the killing stuff.

I was at the dressing table taking all my makeup and jewelleries off. The bathroom door opened revealing Leo with his wet hair and a towel around his waist. My back was facing him but I could see from the side of my eye that he was staring at my back.

My thoughts once again drifted to the memories of my dad and Alex. How they died in vain. A gush of anger came through me and I clenched my teeth together. I need answers. Now.

I walked towards the bed and from the pillow, I grabbed my gun. But Leonardo couldn't see the gun due to my body blocking the view.

I held the gun firm in my grip and I turned to face Leonardo whose eyes turned dark once he saw the gun in my hands. His gaze on the gun shifted to me when I lifted the gun to him, shaking due to all the anger.

He remained calm and composed even though the gun was aimed at him. He stared at me before he decided to talk, but I beat him to it.

"Why."
His face was blank with no readable expression.

"Why what?"
He spoke.

"Why did you kill them?"

"What?"
He repeated his words again throwing me off the edge.

"Don't act like you don't know what you did! You killed my dad and Alex. Why!"
He stayed silent with his gaze still on me.

"I didn't kill them."
He spoke with an even voice.

"Why don't you just admit it, Torres!"
I groaned in frustration.

"What proof do you have?"

"Don't try to be a lawyer with me. You left so many evidences. The name on Alex's hand, Torres. It was left there...... purposely."
I paused for a moment, gathering my thoughts.

"You see. I would be kind of stupid if I did leave such major evidences. Now what about you? I was attacked in my office a few days before our marriage. That was not you, was it?"
He raised his eyebrow, asking a question.

"No... I wouldn't order a hit on you. It would be too easy for you to just die like that."
I denied his claims.

"Well. In my case, I thought that you planned it. It's a misunderstanding, Audelia."

"It's not a misunderstanding... someone set this up. Someone knew that we would turn against each other. That someone, killed my dad and Alex so that you and I would turn against each other."
I asserted and he continued my sentence.

"And they thought that we would kill each other but we didn't. Instead, we got married to each other. That was the exact opposite of what they wanted."
Leo explained.

"Yeah... you're right."
I looked up to him.

At this point, my hands were shaking so badly that the gun almost slipped from my grip. But I managed to calm myself down and gain the composure to say these words.

"But you can't avoid this no matter how hard you try, you've always had it coming in your way."
Grinning, I slowly carried the gun up from Leonardo to my head. I watched as his face turn from a calm to a shocked one.

"Audelia. No!"
He yelled rushing towards me. I smiled, letting a tear roll down my cheek before pulling the trigger.

"Click!"
Before I could know it, I was pushed onto the bed with Leonardo on my body. He's too heavy, I can't breathe. He grabbed the gun from my hands and tossed it across the room.

"You fucking idiot! You could've gotten yourself killed if it wasn't for the gun being unloaded."
His eyes glistened as he pinned my hands together so tightly that it started to hurt. The water from his wet hair dripped onto my face and I whispered.

"Pain."
I whispered out to him. He immediately took his hands off mine and got out of the bed.

"Are you okay?! "
He started panting in panic.

"I knew."
I got up from the bed

"You knew what?"

"I knew that the gun was unloaded. It was too light."

"Then why did you pull out that stupid stunt of yours!?"
He shouted at me.

"I pointed the gun at you to get answers from you. But I pointed the gun to my head to see if you cared for me... you did."
Leo's eyes turned dark once again.

"I don't care for you. I mean I do. You're my wife! What do you think people are going to say once they find out that you killed yourself! You're definitely the craziest woman I've ever met! You're just so stupi-"
I cut his words off by hugging him, sobbing in his arms and he froze like a statue letting me do whatever I wanted to do. He eventually tried to comfort me.

"I promise you. We will find the person who killed your dad and Alex."
He pulled out from the hug and bent a little to my height as he wiped my tears.

"But right now, I don't need Audelia. I need Mrs. Rossini. She can help me more than Audelia can. So tough up, we will have a long and busy day tomorrow. And get some sleep."
He placed a kiss on my forehead catching me off guard for a second.

"O-okay."
I pulled away from him and smiled. He was right the whole time but I was too stubborn to listen to him. But I learnt my lesson and I will not repeat it again, not ever.