Bitter

Audelia's pov:

After I made the call and delivered the message, I walked into the spacious bathroom. Damn, I can fit a whole bedroom in this bathroom. There was a large bathtub right at the end with a little fireplace next to it. Why does anyone even need a big bathroom just to shower in, it's not like we're even sleeping in here. Whatever...

I had finished showering when I heard a knock on the door

"Could you hurry in there?"
Leo hissed causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance. I can't even get peace in the bathroom. How am I going to stay here for one year?

"Chill, I'm coming."
I dried myself with the towel I brought in earlier and I put on a loose shirt with shorts.

I opened the door to face Leo's muscular back. I closed my eyes and coughed, catching his attention. He didn't bother to even look at me as he pushed me aside from the door, going into the bathroom and closed the door. That's really rude.

I scoffed at the door as I made my way to the bed, jumping on it.

"This bed is sure bouncy and comfy."
I eventually stopped jumping after feeling sleepy and fell down on the bed, drifting into a deep sleep.

Leo's pov:

I got out from the bathroom drying my wet hair with the towel when I saw a figure sleeping on the bed with her mouth open and hair all over her face. I scoffed seeing how retarded she looked as I made my way to the wardrobe to get changed into my sleepwear... my sweatpants.

I got into the bed as I pulled the blanket over me and closed my eyes trying to sleep but I couldn't so I got up from the bed and sigh. I looked over to the left side of me to see her sleeping well.

I took out my gun which was in the upper drawer of the bedside table and checked it. It was loaded just in case something goes bad like if my wife tries to kill me.

I put the gun back to where it was before, careful to not wake Audelia up. I don't think that I'll be sleeping today so might as well use this time to do something useful.

I got up from the bed slowly before walking to my laptop and bringing it to the bed.

I opened it checking my emails from my business partners. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. Before I could even realise, it started raining heavily outside with lightning and thunder. Just then, I heard a small whimper coming from my left side. Audelia? At first I didn't really care but then she started whimpering even louder with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"A-Alex.. p-please wake u-p."
Her soft voice cracked due to all the tears. Alex? Alex Diallo? She continued weeping silently. Honestly, she scared the fuck out of me but at the same time I'm worried. What if she suddenly dies and her family blames me for her death? They might think that I killed her. My thoughts were disrupted when she put her small and cold hand on my abdomen.