Chapter 8

Author's POV

Life is unpredictable, we plan, but sometimes its doesn't goes as we plan.

The residents of the Khan Rehaish, were waiting for the newlyweds to arrive but they never did, all they ever receive was a call which shook them to the core.

It was the least expected or we could say never to hear something like that. We always say"will do later" but some people are unfortunate enough to never see the next day.

"Ammi aap ghar jaaye , I'm here with her" Ahad said to mehreen whose been there for 2 days. "Beta how am I supposed to go leaving my laado in this situation" mehreen wasn't in a mood to budge off from her place.

"Ammi  she is not going to be alone, I know you don't want to leave but think about Maham she needs you more know at this moment, she is in her last trimester , as you know stress is not good for her" mehreen sighed and gathered her stuff and went to freshen up.

Roohi came in a few seconds later.
"Ammi chal rahi hain?" She asked not finding her saas in the room.
"Haan she went to freshen up, dhyaan se jaana jaan call me when you reach. And if the twins are being difficult call me or...."

"Ahad shh, don't be stressed, aap ghar ko aur bachon ki tension nhi le aap bus apna aur Aimen ka dhyaan rakhe." Roohi tried to ease him soothingly rubbing her hand on his heart which wasn't at peace from past few days.

Ahad lead Roohi out of the room out of the room and took her to a little secluded area and took her in a tight hug.
"I can't see her like that" Ahad mumbled digging his head in the crook of her head.

"Ahad jaan its stressful for all to see her this way but at times like these we need to have tawwakul in Allah swt and HIS plans. Please you need to stay strong for ammi and baba " Roohi spoke to him in cautiously not to hurt his feelings. "Hmm" with that Ahad separated from Roohi and kissed her.

They went in, Mehreen was all ready to go home.  Roohi and mehreen went away.
Reaching home Roohi took mehreen to her room and strictly advised her to get rest for a while, as will tend to Maham.

Roohi then went in Maham's room to find mannat crying out loudly while the twins were sleeping in her room, Maham trying to calm her down.

"Mannat you go and get rest I will look after her, you go in Amir's room and rest."roohi took mannat from her . She tried to calm her but her wailings grew to calm her she took her in the kitchen.

Roohi prepared some food and fed her, mannat calmed down after being fed.

Seeing everyone resting she went in her room and called Ahad who received the call in few rings.
"Assalamualikum you good?" Roohi asked.
"Walaikumsalam alhamdulilah good. Just the doctors came in to check on Aimen " Ahad said.
"Is everything good? Any changes?"
"Yes the doctors said she has improved a lot . I can't believe what has happened in the last 15 days" he spoke in a restricted voice.
"I know" speaking for almost an hour ahad hung up.

He went and sat beside unconscious Aimen. Exactly 15 days ago, when Aimen and tabish were coming over to the Khan Rehaish. They both met with an horrific accident .

The Khan family didn't knew about the accident for few hours after the it took place. They didn't find it appropriate to call the newlyweds and pester them about their whereabouts but after few hours when they didn't arrive, they called both of them, who didn't receive answers to their calls.

They all got tensed when a lady answered Aimen's phone. The lady informed that a couple has been brought in after a truck crashed the car.

Everyone couldn't comprehend what has taken place. Ahad, Zayd and Salman left for the hospital saying they will call them to inform as there was no need for everyone to rush.