Chapter 32

Author's POV

Rayyan on his way to pick Aimen he grabbed a box of Rasmali from the sweet shop as she told how she was craving for it.

He parked car in front of the porch of the Khan Rehaish as he planned on taking her soon as he had plans for dinner. There is a new restaurant that has been newly opened.

He got down from his car to go inside when Ahad called him. They greeted eachother and went inside welcomed by Roohi.

His eyes were lingering around the living room to find her.  He greeted his taya-abbu sat down impatiently waiting for her to come.

Mehreen arrived a while greeting Ahad and Rayyan. The twins have grabbed everyone's attention when Rayyan felt her presence in the room.

He looked at her to which Aimen smiled back. Aimen was coming over to the seat across beside Rayyan when she slipped on the floor.

In the fraction of the second Aimen smiling face changed into fear and then she slipped on the floor as the dupatta came in her feet making her fall down.

Rayyan who held his gaze on her all the while got up in the split second and ran over to her to prevent from falling but he was late just by a mere second.
"Aimen......." Rayyan shouted grabbing everyone attention.
Aimen fell on the marbled floor on her back.

He knelt down beside her tapping her face to bring her out of her unconsciousness but alas nothing happened.

Mehreen and Roohi huddled against Aimen. Mehreen started crying looking at her daughters state.

"Rayyan we need to take her to hospital. I get the car. " Ahad spoke to Rayyan who was trying to bring her back to consciousness.

"Aimen Jaan uth jao....please..." Rayyan continously chanted. He didn't paid any attention to his surroundings.

"Rayyan... pick her up. We need to go to hospital." Ahad spoke loudly grabbing Rayyan's shoulder to get his attention . Rayyan quickly nodded his and picked Aimen in his arms walking out to the front porch where Ahad stood with the car ready to go.

He placed Rayyan on the backseat and mehreen sat beside her. Ibrahim sat on the front seat with Ahad. Roohi couldn't come as she needs to tend to her babies as well. Mehreen have called Zehra to inform about the mishap.

On the way to the hospital Aimen was in and out of her consciousness.
"Ahhhh...." Aimen winced for the nth time as she shifted slightly on her seat.
"Aimen..can you hear me?" Rayyan whispered to her as he saw her flutter her eyes. She tighten her hold on his hand.
"Rayyan baby...." Aimen slowly open her eyes to find herself in the car. She turned on the left to find her ammi and on the right her husband.

"Baby is fine. You didn't fall on your front." Rayyan reassured himself more than to her.
"Ahhhhhh......" she again winced
"Aimen Chanda kaha dard ho raha hain" mehreen asked her daughter rubbing her arms to calm her down. She wanted to take the pain away from her daughter this instant. Aimen has always been the most sensitive when she is hurt. Small prick would be a big pain for her. Her husband and her children have immensely pampered her as she was their laadli.
Seeing her in immense pain mehreen felt helpless and asked her Almighty ease her pain and hardships. To also keep her daughter and grandchild healthy.

"Ammi back main bahoot dard ho raha hain." Aimen spoke with pain dripping her voice slowly. Tears were rolling down her face as spoke to her.

( when you fall down on your back. It really is very painful)

"Its okay we will soon reach hospital. Bear it for few minutes beta." Mehreen spoke to Aimen brushing her hair away from her face which swore stuck due to the sweat on her face. She grabbed her handkerchief and wiped all the sweat formed also blowing out air .

Aimen leaned on the seat to find a comfortable position. She held Rayyan's hand in hers all the while. As she was slightly turned towards left facing her ammi Rayyan would occasionally rub her back to soothe her muscles. She would wince at times and he would stop.

They arrived at hospital within the next 10 minutes. Maham have also arrived at the hospital. Aimen was her Aimi baccha. She could never leave her sister alone when she is in pain.

Rayyan helped her out of the car. He carried her gently and placed her on the wheelchair as Maham have told the nurse beforehand and she also spoke with Aimen gynecologist who is waiting for them. The nurse pushed the wheelchair into the emergency ward where the doctors are waiting.

All were asked to wait outside the ward while the doctor checked Aimen. It was anxious wait of 45 minutes when the doctor came out of the room.

"I would like to speak to Aimen's husband and Mother. " the doctor came out of the room and told asking them to come in to her cabin.

Rayyan and Mehreen along with Maham who tagged them along as she wanted to know what the doctor says.

They settled on the chairs. Mehreen and Maham sat on the two chairs while Rayyan preferred to stand. He was running out of patience wanting to know how his wife and child were.

Once the doctor settled down she spoke.
"I have examined Aimen. Thankfully there is no injuries from the small accident she had. The impact was on her back which will be sore. And painful for her breath in for a day or two. I'm not concerned about that.

But when we checked for the heartbeat of the baby it was very low it is because the amniotic fluid is considerably less than the normal. Because of high blood pressure the amniotic fluid as decreased. It's not good for the baby as its can lead to abnormal development of vital organs. I would suggest to put her to bed rest for 4 weeks for now. Give her lot of fluids and no stressful activities.

When she will hit her 24 weeks I would again measure the amniotic fluid and the baby heartbeats and we can see what to do. Slight discomfort for her with the baby call me directly. " the doctor completed in clipped professional tone. Rayyan didn't speak the whole time as mehreen and Maham were asking the necessary questions and advices.

"Can I meet Aimen?" Rayyan whispered out in a raspy voice as his throat was clogged with emotions.
"Yes you can. She must been conscious now" doctor didn't complete her sentence when Rayyan dashed out of the room to meet his life.

He dashed into the ward to look at her caressing her bump. She turned to look at him when she heard the sound of door opening.

"Rayyan...." a broken whisper left from her. That was enough to get him moving. He took long strides to cover the distance between them. He took her in his waiting embrace. He was thankful to his almighty that they were safe.

"Rayyan it's paining...." aimen slowly said as he was tightly hugging her. If not for the stinging pain she would have not have told him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't realise I was crushing you. " he backed away from her. She smiled a little for him telling him to relax.
"Do you realise how much scared I was? Itni dua ke baad paaya hain aap ko Aimen. I cannot survive without you. " he said planting a kiss on her forehead and a kiss for his baby for being strong today.

"I love you Aimen. Hamesha yaad rakhna " Rayyan mumbled to her as he again took her in his embrace but this time gently.
"I love you too Rayyan. Apni jaan se bhi zyada." She confessed.

......both the hearts giving their souls home.

*****

Author's note:
Assalamualikum
Heyy hope everyone is doing good.

Things are complicated. Will it ease out or be more complicated???

Thoughts on chapter??

I need names for their baby?? I can't seem to find one. What name do you guys suggest??

Stay safe

Love,
Joyous soul