Chapter 16

Aimen POV

The night was passing by, with every hour the clock striking I was waiting for him to come back. When it was about an hour I retrieved back to my room to call.

Each hour I called him to receive the call being declined. My heart pondered with the night going deep. I knew it was very wrong of me to utter tabish's name but it was a genuine slip of tongue. As I was thinking about him, the words slipped out.

I called Rayyan a hundred times, still he didn't pick up the call. Giving up a left a message asking if he was okay.
I wanted to know, no I needed to know if he was okay.
Within a second I received a message from him which read he was okay and asked me not to wait for him.

I felt a surge of anger built in me, I mean who does this can't he lift the call say this.
But then again, my mind reminded me of my own mistake.

Feeling a rush of emotions seeping in me I went and changed my dress. I came out of the bathroom feeling little better. The hot shower helped me to calm myself . Going across the bed, I sat on the couch which lay adjacent to the bed. The need to sleep was far away .

I then let my mind reflect over the course of events happend in my life. How things changed drastically. I for never in my lifetime would have thought I would have married to Rayyan.

I mean I used to call "Rayyan bhai" now coming to think of its eww. I have accepted the terms of our relationship.

It wasn't that I was in love with tabish or any sort but there was a connection between us.

The friendship connection. I had a very few  people whom I consider as my friends. Tabish had this  understanding personality. He could make anyone feel comfortable.

I then ruminated over Rayyan. Before I married tabish he had become the same old Rayyan. Doing all sorts of mischievous things. With him I always felt unconfined and not bounded. In his presence I could be the myself the childish Aimen who loved to live.

But now I felt I've lost a part of myself. The guilt have immensely grown in me that took away the Aimen. No matter what anyone's says, I felt responsible for tabish death.

My mind wasn't just on one place, as it would jump over to many things. Then a sudden thought came across.
Rayyan's friend Musa how he was about to say something. Realizing now I know what he was about to say.

The love that I never imagined I saw it in Rayyan's eyes. The purest form, unconditional for me.

That moment I saw everything his eyes held was all I needed.

I found the love, which was hidden , which was selfless and utmost respect in his eyes,
And for the first time since the marriage topic was brought up, I could feel the buried old soul of mine within me began to shine, begin to come out of its shell.

I felt the need in me to get back to my own self. I thought about all the moments we have spend or how we had our own memories we could cherish and countless more if I make things correct.

The time when he was ignoring me wasn't because I did something wrong but it was because he didn't wanted to impose his feelings towards me.

I didn't realize how much the time passed by, as the next thing I heard was the Azaan of fajr being called. I expected him to arrive now, so I prayed my namaz and waited for him to come, and waited but yet there was no sign of his arrival. I tried calling him but it straight up went to the voice mail.

When the clock stroke 8'o clock, a maid knocked on the door to call us down for the breakfast .

By the time I reached downstairs,all were seated on the dinner table with Sarah appi animatedly talking about something to zayd bhai while chachu was having his breakfast and chachi was ordering to the maids.