Headache

You weren't very far into your training session with Steve when you felt your head start to throb. A repetitive and rather painful pounding started to attack your temple from the inside, making your ears ring and your vision blurry. You stepped back, easing your fight stance and dropping your fists before shutting your eyes tightly and just focussing on trying to stay upright.

"You okay kiddo?" you hear spoken faintly underneath the rhythmic thumping in your ears from this tremendous headache. You pinched the bridge of your nose and swayed ever so slightly, in an attempt to ease this mounting pressure in your skull. You opened your eyes, quietly panting, trying to focus your gaze on something. Anything. Instead you were greeted with a racing cloud of black creeping into the corners of your eyes, threatening to cover your field of vision in a cloak of darkness. You began seeing stars and the blurry figure in front of you, Steve, began approaching. Just then, your body gave out. You collapsed. It was nothing but black.

[...]

You began to stir slightly, still able to feel a slight uncomfortable tingle in your head, as your eyes slowly fluttered open. You were expecting to see the harsh gym lights beaming down on you, practically blinding you and your sensitive eyes as you awoke. Instead, you were surprised to find you were in a dimly lit room, with the soft flicker of colour coming from the TV. You waited for your vision to adjust, confused as to where you might be, to realise you were in your bedroom, in bed. You let out a slight groan as your head began to pound a little more aggressively, but you were soon soothed by a delicate kiss on your brow bone and a hand gently running through your hair. It was then that you realised you were accompanied by Natasha.

You relaxed, snuggling into her more and wrapping an arm around her waist as she tucked a couple loose strands of hair behind your ear and lightly caressed your cheek. She softly kissed your forehead a few times and peppered a couple more small pecks down your nose and on your cheeks. Neither of you had said a word to one another since you regained consciousness. You didn't need to. Although you had questions to ask, and so did she, those didn't matter right now. You were safe. You were comfortable. And you were soothed by the warm embrace of your girlfriend who was making you feel very loved in this very moment. You currently looked like this:

Still with your eyes closed, you turned your head slightly and placed a few kisses in a line along her collarbone

Still with your eyes closed, you turned your head slightly and placed a few kisses in a line along her collarbone. She let out a little giggle and fidgeted slightly with your earlobe as you kissed up her neck and ending on her jaw. "Hey sleepy head." She finally said. You grumbled, not having the energy to force any words out.

You then felt a sharp pain in your forehead and hissed loudly, your head jolting up quickly from Natasha's chest as you did. "Hey, hey, shhhhh shh shh" she lulled as she cupped you cheeks with both of her hands. Her thumbs rubbed your cheeks as she pulled your head down to her lips and pressed featherlight kisses on your forehead. "it's okay, you're okay" she cooed, reassuringly. She pulled you head back down to rest on her shoulder, stroking your head with one hand and wrapping another arm over you to rub your back. You sighed heavily, feeling the pain in your head die down and the pain behind your eyes eases. "It's okay baby, you can sleep. I'm right here." You lightly draw on her shoulder with your fingers for a while before kissing her neck and slipping back into a deep slumber.