33

"Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen today?" Haechan said while frowning.

Jaemin had come home this morning, much to his displeasure, to tell the others that they would all babysit Aera after classes today.

"Don't jinx it!" Jisung said frantically. Chenle followed his best friend's lead and nodded.

Although he was still not in the best terms with Jisung, he knew that he probably would've done the same thing in his situation.

That didn't mean that he liked it.

"I hope we don't mess this up." Renjun said. He seemed to be a little tired, but lately he had a lot of paintings and projects that he needed to finish. Which resulted in a loss of sleep.

"I mean, how hard is it to look after a 6 year old girl?" Jeno asked. Jaemin shrugged his shoulders. When it became silent, the boys noticed something.

Mark had been silent this entire time.

Usually the older boy would add a comment here or there during their conversations, occasionally he would laugh.

But today, he had not said a thing.

"What?" Mark asked, suddenly noticing all of the stares that he was getting.

"Have you spent some time with Jieun?" Jaemin asked with narrowed eyes, making sure that what happened with Jeno wasn't happening with Mark.

Mark rolled his eyes, "I spend a lot of time with Jieun." He said, putting emphasis on the "I"

Haechan glared at him, "What's that supposed to mean." He asked, obviously the older boy had something to say.

"It means that the rest of you have to hurry up and bond with her." Mark said, getting agitated.

The boys became silent.

"You haven't forgotten about the doctors visit, have you? She needs to be bonded with all of us so that she can heal faster." He explained.

Chenle looked at Jisung, "Well, maybe one more person would have been bonded to her if someone had just waited." He said sourly.

Jisung groaned, "Not this again!" He said with a sigh.

"Well he kinda has a point you know. If you waited then both of you would've bonded with her." Renjun said, now joining the war between the two youngest.

"Hyung! You can't seriously be taking his side!" Jisung said incredulously.

"I agree with Jisung. If I had to choose between making Jieun feel better and waiting for one of you to come so that we can bond with her together, I'd chose Jieun." Haechan added, taking Jisung's side.

"Oh please, like your opinion matters."

"It sure does!"

"I said I was sorry!"

"Traitor!"

Jaemin, Jeno and Mark silently watched from the side as the mini war taking place in their living room progressed.

Jaemin groaned before glaring at Jeno, "You jinxed it." He said angrily.

Jeno looked at him, confused, "What do you mean?"

"How are we going to take care of a 6 year old if we can't stop these idiots from fighting." Mark said with a sigh.

It was going to be a long day.

....................

Jieun was one again greeted by a surprising sight.

"Hi." She said said with a small smile.

my dreams || nct dreamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara