4

The pain was searing on her arm, Jieun turned left and right in bed but the pain didn't leave. She opened her eyes in defeat and looked at her ceiling .

This was the 5th time this week that she woke up in the middle of the night because of her mark.

Jieun sighed as she got up from bed, at this point her arm was just a throbbing mess. She went to the kitchen and started to make some coffee. Might as well, seeing as how I won't be going back to sleep anytime soon, she  thought.

Jieun lives by herself in a small apartment. Her parents had died a few years ago so she's closer to her grandparents, who took care of her. When she started Uni, she moved out and got a small job.

After she made her coffee Jieun turned on the T.V to see what was playing, but there wasn't anything special. While zoning off of the T.V she started to think about what happened yesterday.

One of her soulmates found her.

To be honest, she was feeling all sorts of feelings. Happiness, confusion, and a tiny bit guilty. What if she had ruined the relationship that the boys have? It was clear to her that most of them love Soojin, so would Chenle's decision affect them?

She shook her head. Her grandmother used to tell her that sometimes she thought too hard about somethings.

"What's done is done." She said to herself, "You can't change anything that's already happened."

Either way, the only way to find out if Chenle will keep his promise or not is by going to work today and finding out.

............................................................

Going to school was not something that she enjoyed. Again, honestly speaking she would rather work at the cafe for the rest of her life. It was quiet and most customers were nice.

Jieun has worn a black skirt with a a cropped white hoodie. She also had a mask on, since the air had a lot of fine dust today. The ongoing construction near her building wasn't helping either.

As she entered the school, things seemed the way they always were. Everyone was in their own little groups. She walked into the lecture room and took a seat near the middle. It was a seat that she was familiar with, she sat here often when she was in this room.

Mr. Jin, the professor, came into the room, signalling that it was about to start when someone rushed in.

Haechan.

"Ah, Mr. Lee. I do hope that you can try and be a little bit more on time next class."

"Yes sir, sorry about that. My bus was late." He said as he sheepishly rubbed is neck.

Mr. Jin merely shook his head, a small smile of his face, before saying, "Yes, I'm sure it was. If you could go and take a seat so that I could start my class, that would be wonderful."

Jieun always liked Mr. Jin's courses, he always knew how to make it fun, and his sense of humour was quite something.

Let's just say that there are a lot of dad jokes involved.

Haechan smiled, he knew that Mr. Jin was an easy going professor. He started to go and find a seat.

Jieun was blissfully unaware, as she paid attention when Mr. Jin started the lesson. However, she tensed when she felt a presence next to her.