34

"Are you guys going be okay?" Jieun asked worriedly as she looked between the seven boys in front of her.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Jaemin said nonchalantly. The other nodding in synch.

"Okay, make sure to call me if you need anything!" She said before Aera came running out from behind her.

She stopped in front of the boys and looked up. A huge smile blooming when she saw a familiar face.

"Haechan oppa!" She said excitedly, a toothy grin on her face as she opened her arms for a hug.

It was by far the cutest thing Jieun had seen in her life.

"Hello princess!" He said crouching down and catching her in a hug before lifting her up in his arms.

"I feel like we've already lost." Chenle said as he narrowed his eyes at Haechan.

"Yeah, Haechan's totally her favourite." Renjun said with a scowl. Jieun chuckled, a sweet smile on her lips.

"Aera doesn't have favourites, it's her life motto." Jieun said, remembering the day the little girl told her that she didn't have a favourite toy, colour, ice cream flavour.

She didn't favour one parent over the other either. Which just made her even more lovable.

"Yeah! You have to make me like you!" Aera said loudly, causing the boys to laugh.

"Oh we will, don't you worry about that." Jaemin said. Aera stared at him for a while before reaching a hand out and touching his face.

"You look like a bunny." She said seriously. Her eyebrows furrowed as she pouted.

Before anyone could react, a boy came barreling down the street.

He stopped right in front of the cafe door, hunched over and panting as he caught his breath. He looked as if he had just ran a marathon.

When he finally looked up, his eyes widened when he saw Jieun. "D-Do you work here?" He asked, breathlessly.

Jieun looked at him with wide eyes before carefully nodding. She was wearing her traditional cream coloured blouse and black skirt, along with a cafe apron.

"I-I'm the new employee. I'm so sorry I'm late, the buses were s-suspended for repairs." He said, as he finally caught his breath and stood up straight. It was then that Jieun noticed that his korean was a little broken.

She looked at him in surprise, before taking her phone out and looking at the time.

He was actually a few minutes early.

Jieun showed him a smile, "Actually, you aren't late at all. In fact, you're a few minutes early." She said amusedly.

The other boys narrowed their eyes at the newcomer. They knew that Jieun would be getting a coworker, they just didn't know that the coworker would be a boy.

"My name's Jieun. What's your name?" She asked him. She could see the glares that her soulmates were directing towards the new boy.

"Oh, M-My name is Shotaro. I-I'm from Japan." He said. Jieun smiled in delight and nodded, despite it being a little broken, Shotaro's korean was actually pretty good. He seemed a little shy, but Jieun thought it was cute.

"It's nice to meet you Shotaro! Oh, and these are my soulmates." She said pointing to the boys beside her, who were still glaring at the poor boy.

"H-Hello." He said formally, doing a small bow. None of the boys said anything, causing Jieun to show a small frown. She gently elbowed the boy closest to her, which happened to be Mark.