19: This Advice

This Advice

That night my thoughts are focused on Bash and our reoccurring kisses. If this continues at the same rate then everything will go downhill really fast.

Lines are starting to be blurred between us and now with Lucas finally showing some sort of interest in me my life hasn't been any more confusing than it is now.

I know that I have to stop crossing the lines or any at least set some sort of lines with Bash. The number one rule should be no kissing.

My thoughts don't stray on Bash for the rest of the week, they're more focused on Lucas and the snide glances he sends my way in class when he doesn't think I'm looking. We talk often during all of our classes, more so then we usually did before and I know it doesn't have to do with tutoring.

"Lucas Favero won't stop looking at you," whispers Ella beside me in the booth.

"He's not looking at me," I whisper back but sure enough when I look up our eyes meet. Then he looks away, looking a little embarrassed.

"That was so cute," squeals Mary Jane.

"You guys are such pansies," mutters Quinn. Despite her lack of enthusiasm I know she is secretly wondering about the progress in mine and Lucas's friendship. Throughout the week we have somewhat formed a friendship. She doesn't seem to stand anyone else at school, and can barely withstand my own friends. But with our love for drawing we have created a somewhat friendship. She's obsessed with my drawings in my sketch book, I've already given her two of them and she's asking me to draw someone for her, her favorite musician or something. And she's already given me a few of her own drawings. They're not really my style but I enjoy them anyways.

We finish eating our food and steer clear of the topic of boys for Quinn's sake even though I think she has a boyfriend since she's constantly texting someone.

"Hey Sadie," says a familiar voice above me.

I look up and am shocked to see Lucas standing at the end of my table. "Um hi."

"I didn't think you left campus for lunch."

I shrug and try to ignore the smug look on Quinn's face. "It's a new thing I'm trying out."

"Well if you like then we should go to lunch sometime. Maybe we can cram in a study date in then too."

"Um sure," I stammer.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see Mary and Ella's eyes go wide with excitement. I won't hear the end of this.

"We're still up for tomorrow?" He rakes his fingers through his hair and gives me a dazzling smile.

"Yeah, yeah, of course I mean if you are then I am too." Blush rises to my cheeks after my stampede of words.

Lucas laughs and says, "You're adorable."

"Lucas, let's go," holler's his best friend Jake from the door.

Lucas looks back to his group of friends and his girlfriend and gives them a small wave. "I'll see you in history," he says to me and leaves the restaurant to go back to school.

As soon as the door closes behind him my friends jump in a frenzy.

"What was that about?"

"Oh my god, that was so cute!"

"Lunch date!"

"Kiss him!"

Of course the only quiet one is Quinn who is looking at me strangely with her arms crossed from the other side of the table.

"What," I ask insecurely.

She raises an eye brow and says, "He's definitely not my type but if I were you, I would jump his bones."

If I were drinking something then I would surely have spit it out. "What are you talking about?"

"Please." She scoffs. "He is obviously into you and probably constantly thinking about you naked. And I will admit that he is one fine species. You need to fuck him. Now."

"I do not agree with your choice of wording but I agree in a sense. You need to sleep with him," says Mary Jane.

"Fuck him," corrects Quinn.

"You don't need to cuss."

"You know for a girl who was named Mary Jane I'm really disappointed in your innocence."

Mary Jane throws her hands up in the air. "I don't get why you keep saying that!"

"Let's drop it okay," I say. "We're going to be late to class anyways."

"You are all giving me headaches by your complete lack of rebellion," groans Quinn as she stands up from the booth and follows me out to my car.

The car ride back to the school is mostly silent, other than the sound of music coming from the speakers. Quinn texts away on her phone with her permanent scowl next to me in the passenger seat while Mary Jane sits in the back and glares at everything passing by the window.

I think this is the last time Quinn will hang out with my friends. It seems that she doesn't mind me and possibly Ella because we don't hate everything she does unlike Mary Jane who is easily annoyed by her breathing.

...

'I'm here.'

I rush to the living room window and pull aside the curtains to find Lucas sitting in his car in my driveway.

I send him a quick text saying that I'll be out soon then I holler goodbye to my mom, wherever she is in the house, and grab my bag before running out to his car.

"Hi," I say as I slide into the passenger seat and try to maneuver my huge bag into the space by my feet.

"Hey." He offers me a smile and starts the car, pulling out of my driveway.

"So where did you want to study?"

He looks at me briefly before quickly turning back to the road. "I was thinking the park, since it's so nice out."

The sun is shining brightly and no clouds are hanging in the air which is rare for our town. Soon the temperatures will drop and snow will be on its way.

"Sure," I say brightly.

I dressed up for the warm weather anyways and I'm happy to put my new dress to use. I rarely wear dresses but after my Mom saw me in my jeans and t-shirt she ordered me to change.

'You're tutoring him, not playing football with him. Go back upstairs and change. And do something with your hair.'

If I had any other Mom I would think that she was trying to set me and Lucas up but that's just the way my Mom is. Thanks to my Dad she does her best to be just as worthy and picture perfect as his family is.

She and my Dad met in England when they were younger and they fell in love. My Dad was a rich pretty boy as my uncles put it and poisoned my Mom into loving him. When my Dad went back to the States, my Mom followed him and she has changed so much since then. She wasn't a house wife like she is now; she grew up with five older brothers and an abusive father. And when she moved here she tried so hard to fit in with my Dad's family, she thought she didn't deserve him. And sometimes when I look at them I wonder if the woman my Dad fell in love with is still in there somewhere.

"You look nice today," comments Lucas.

"Thanks."

Okay thank you Mom.