This Murdering House Fly

The light of a street light illuminates the sidewalk for only a little while before I keep moving and the darkness surrounds me once again.

There are goosebumps on my arms from the chilly air and at the moment I really regret not driving to Lucas's house.

I can't forget the look on his face when he saw me or the words that escaped his mouth when he spoke to his family. It reminded me all of who he really is. Not a bad boy with a bad temper, but a broken boy who had to grow up to fast. It makes me mad at myself for letting us cross the lines that were drawn, only because I wish I could still talk to him to know what he's thinking.

But I'm with Lucas now and I can't go against him and his family, even if Bash and himself are family. It wouldn't feel right. Besides who knows if it will be worth it. I mean I don't want to lose a great thing in my life just so Bash can spit in my face and humiliate me again.

I obviously was interrupting a family moment, however dysfunctional it was, so I did the first thing that came to mind. I left. Thinking about it now I probably made the wrong choice and just made it all much worse.

Luckily though I only live four blocks away from Lucas so even though the sky is dark and I'm about to pee my pants, I'm very close to the safety of my own home.

"Blondie!"

I scream at the top of my lungs when the voice sounds and start to defend myself against an invisible attacker on instinct.

"It's just me," says the voice softly.

I look up, breathing heavily, to see Bash standing underneath the illumination of a street lamp.

"You scared me," I gasp. I can feel my heart about to beat right out of my chest.

Bash's memorable smirk appears and I think I spend to long looking at his lips instead of his eyes. "I could see that," he chuckles. "Who were you fighting though? Invisible man? Or no wait, there was probably a murdering house fly right?"

I roll my eyes and spin on my heel, turning back to the direction of my house. Five seconds and he's already being an asshole.

"No," he calls, "Blondie wait."

I feel a tug on my arm and before I know it I'm being incased in Bash's arms.

Our lips are inches apart. His arms are wrapped around my waist. His scent is overpowering my senses and I want nothing more than to crash my lips to his.

I shove myself away from him, breaking the spell. "Leave me alone Bash."

I turn to walk away but this time he doesn't grab me. Instead he walks along side me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm walking."

"I can see that, but why do you have to do it next to me?" I ask. "Why can't you just walk in the ocean?"

"I would drown Sadie."

"I know."

He stops walking for only a second before catching up to me once again.

"You shouldn't be walking alone in the streets when it's this dark out."

I stop in my tracks and point an accusing finger at his chest. "Why do you have to be such an ass all the time?"

His icy blue eyes stare back into mine. "Are you talking about what happened back there? Cause if you are you better not say another word about it. You of all people should know that I shouldn't be blamed for any of that shit."

"Why do you have to start a fight though Bash? You're always looking for one."

"I wouldn't be looking for one if he was a good father or if your precious boyfriend would act like my brother for once."

"Lucas?" I laugh dryly. "You brought all of that on yourself by the way you treat him and others."

Bash looks surprised by my outburst and doesn't try to hide it. "What did he tell you?"

"Nothing I didn't already know, just that you don't care about anyone but yourself."

His jaw clenches and I can see the hurt cross his face but I don't allow myself to cave in. "Lucas might be a pretentious prick and I might have been a horrible brother for him but don't believe for one damn second that I don't care about him. I took punch after punch for him growing up and I would do it again. Why do you think I keep coming back to that shit house? It's certainly not for my Dad and his wife!"

I'm shocked into silence. Words cease to exist in my world and I can only look on helplessly as Bash runs his fingers through his hair, tugging at the roots with a crazed look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Sadie," he whispers. "I'm sorry for being an ass and lying to you. I'm sorry for hurting you. But most of all I'm sorry that I can't just let you go. It might not make any sense to you right now but just know that I'm not going to be kicked out of your life." He takes a step closer, and another, and another, until his hands are igniting a fire on my hips and his lips are creating sparks on my cheek, far too close to my lips to be deemed appropriate. "You might want to warn my brother that he's going to hate me so much more after this."

...

"I'm sorry about yesterday babe."

"It's okay," I assure. "Where's your mom?"

Lucas takes my hand and leads me down the hall that leads to the kitchen. "She's still at work." He stops walking and gently pushes me against the wall right outside the opening of the kitchen. "We got between two and three hours," he whispers huskily into my ear.

"I'm hungry," I spit out then immediately regret it.

I don't sound nervous at all, nope not one bit, and it's not embarrassing in the slightest.

Lucas chuckles and pulls away. "Guess we should feed you first then huh?"

I follow him into the kitchen, cursing myself out in my head and nearly run into Lucas's back when he stops walking.

"You have got to be kidding me," he swears.

I look around him, as much as Lucas will let me, to see Bash sitting lazily at the counter top, shirtless and chugging a bottle of water.

He sees us and wipes the excess water from his lips but I can't help but notice the little bit that he didn't get at the corner of his life. "I was just gonna go for a run," he says coolly.

"Good," Lucas says shortly.

Bash stands from the stool, revealing the tattoos that have been haunting my dreams. "Sorry bro, I'll put on a shirt. Don't want your girlfriend to catch a fly in her mouth now do we?"

"Fuck off Sebastian."

Bash doesn't respond to his little brother with nothing more than a menacing smirk and a nod.

I glare icily at Bash as he brushes past us, hoping he can feel the heat coming off of me. When he walks past me his mouth finds my ear quickly and he whispers, "Let the games begin Blondie."

...
I'm sorry the chapters are so short and not very frequent but the maximum chapters a wattpad book can have is 100 and well I think we just passed the half way point in this book and there are only 40 available chapters left. So after this one chapters will be much longer with a lot more info in each chapter but they will still be updated on the weekend because I still have school:(

I hope you guys start to enjoy the long chapters though!:)