This Band

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!

She doesn't bother to knock on the door which is expected of her. I follow her closely as she walks through the house like she owns it. One thing is for sure, these guys are pigs.

Clothes are lining the hallway, pizza boxes and beer cans cover the furniture in the living room, and there's a very distinct smell of a certain plant that I remember smelling at my first concert.

She opens another door that leads to a music room. Well I guess the garage. There's a drum set that's being hit repeatedly by a guy with short blonde hair in a beanie, and two different guitars being strung and rocked by and forth by two different guys. One had long blonde hair that's pulled back by a head band and the other has black hair.

No one seems to notice either me or Quinn until she sneaks behind the drummer who's back is facing us, as well as the others, and grabs his arms, messing up the beat.

She laughs as the two guitarists turn around to yell at the drummer who is looking at Quinn with surprise.

"What the hell man?" The one with blonde one yells but once his eyes land on Quinn a smile forms on his face. "Q!" He practically jumps over the drum set and yanks his guitar off, running towards us and scooping Quinn into his arms.

I watch in shock as their lips connect and their tongues fight a war I didn't know was humanly possible.

I try to advert my eyes the best I can but it's hard when the only other places to look at are naked posters of women hanging on the walls of the garage.

"It's better if you just close your eyes," says a voice beside me.

I scream and spin to see the drummer smiling at me shyly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

I shake my head, trying to calm my beating heart. "It's fine, I'm just a screamer."

He raises an eye brow and tries to hold back his laughter but before I can take back my dirty words the man that had attached himself to Quinn breaks apart and says, "Did I just hear that you're a screamer?"

Quinn smacks his chest as my face turns red.

"Who's your friend Q?" The drummer asks her while smiling at me.

I have to say that with his defined jaw and light blue eyes that he is attractive. He's nothing like his cousin who has one arm covered in tattoo's and gages piercing his ears, and definitely not like the other guitarist who looks like he stepped out of a horror film. His neck and one of his arms is covered in tattoo's, his eye brows are pierced and his black hair is shaved so it all falls to one side.

Looking at him and his blank stare makes me want to cower away.

"This is Sadie, she's in my art class."

"You draw?" The drummer asks interested.

I swallow and nod my head.

"Yeah, she's ridiculously good too. She's the one who drew that picture I showed you." Quinn turns to the man who has his arms wrapped around her.

"Well I'm Chase," the drummer says and holds out his hand for me to shake. "And if you've managed to become friends with Quinn then you can be our friend too."

"What is that supposed to mean," Quinn asks offended.

"It means you're a bitch." Chase's cousin comments.

"Like I didn't know that." Quinn shakes her head and locks lips with the guy again.

Chase chuckles and leans in close to say, "That pervert is my cousin Mason, stay away from him if you want to protect your reputation."

Mason breaks away from Quinn and shouts at his cousin, "I heard that dipshit!" He doesn't give him a chance as he tackles Chase and they both go flying to the floor.

I watch in amazement as they wrestle and Quinn calmly walks over to the couch along the side of the room where the horror film boy is relaxing on. I follow her, leaving the two boys behind.

"Where's the ass hat?" Quinn asks and takes a seat next to him.

He doesn't bother to answer. He only vaguely points to the door we just came out of.

Quinn nods her head as if she knows exactly what he's saying. "Sadie this is Jack, Jack this is Sadie."

Jack looks at me briefly before turning back to the phone in his hand.

"Jack doesn't talk much. Don't take it personally," Quinn tells me as the door swings open. Quinn's whole face lights up and a smile that I've never seen before finds its way onto her lips. "Ass hat!"

She jumps up from the couch and runs towards the person in the doorway before I know what's going on.

They embrace in a tight hug as the cousins on the ground stop their play fighting.

Chase sends me a wink and a smile after he brushes himself off. I smile back at him but my briefly good mood diminishes as soon as Quinn pulls away from the person in the doorway and gives me a clear view of him.

Bash.