Chapter 18

JESSICA

i thought it was odd that Jaxson did not talk to us after what happened at dinner. He made it clear after that huge blowout that he wanted to speak with us and now he has locked himself away in his office.

I will admit, there has been something off about him since I returned home. I think he is keeping something from me. That hurts because we have always been so close. I thought we shared everything.

When he came back inside with Becca, he looked pissed. She looked happy so they could not have been fighting. It is all too confusing.

Well it looks like we are not going to have that talk so I am going to take a nice hot bath and relax. I have a lot to think about. I fill the water, add my oils and get it.

I told Jaxson and Becca that if they stayed together, I would leave. I do not want to; I love my home and my pack, but I stand by what I said about Becca making a horrible Luna. Not to mention, she will make my life a living hell. Right now, I out rank her, being an alpha's daughter. The only one above me is Jaxson. But if she becomes Luna, she will out rank me. I would have to follow her orders and I am sure she will never let me forget.

By her getting pregnant with my nephew, how can I ask Jaxson to walk away from her. He will be walking away from his child. Yeah, I know, being together for the sake of a child is horrible but what is worse is that if Jaxson leaves her, she will use that child against him.

Jaxson may say that she is a good person, but I have seen how she is when she is bullying someone, when she sets her eyes on her target, nothing will stop her from destroying it.

Speaking of targets, I believe her next one is Alessia. I am sure Becca has noticed an attraction Jaxson has towards her, so she is a threat to her throne. I am simply happy that Alessia is strong and can stand up for herself plus she has me. No way in hell I would let Becca attack Alessia.

As I get out of the bath, I still have no answers to my questions. Getting dressed, I hear yelling from down the hall. It is muffled so I am not sure who it is. I walk out of my room and head towards the noise. I stopped in front of Alessia's door. What the fuck!? I am listening to what is said, and I am livid. I cannot believe my brother fucked my best friend. He swore to me that he would never get involved with one of my friends and now he is doing it behind my back. I am shocked that Alessia would do that. He is in a relationship and that goes against all that she believes in and she did not tell me either. She never keeps anything from me. Why did she feel like she could not come to me about this?

The door opened and I took a couple steps back. Jaxson walked out but he did not look up, so he has yet to see me. He turned around and closed the door. He looked up at me and the tears instantly fell down his cheeks. I have never seen my brother cry before.

"Jess." He paused, his mouth opened but nothing came out. He dropped his head then looked at me. I had tears fill my eyes. "Can we please talk?" He asked. I nodded, turned around and walked to my room. We went in and closed the door. I sat on my bed and he sat next to me.

Sitting there, waiting for him to say something but he was not. "Jax, what is going on? I heard what you both said." I said. His elbows dropped to his knees and he put his hands over his face. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this." He finally said.

"Then how was it supposed to happen Jax?" I said irritated.

He got up and turned towards me. I can see he is debating on what to say.

"Before you say anything, I want the truth and I want to know everything! Swear to me that you will" I said.

"Look, what happened was that the night of the club, we had sex. Clearly it should not have happened, but I need you to drop it." He said.

"Are you kidding me right now, you don't get to fuck my best friend, then argue with her about it and leave her crying hysterical and tell me that bullshit!" I yelled.

"Look I messed up, but Becca is pregnant, and it won't happen again so stop." Jaxson said forcefully. I got up off my bed and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I'm going to see my best friend, I'm sure she will tell me what's going on." I said. He grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Please Jess, this shit is fucked up, just give me time to figure this out. Please I'm begging you to let it go." He begged.

Damn, what the hell has my brother done? I have never seen him like this but whatever it is, it is bad. I can feel it. I snatched my arm away and started walking towards the door.

"WAIT! I'll tell you but please don't hate me." He said whispering the last part.

He told me about the club and seeing Alessia talking to Micah, he got jealous. While leaving the club they ended up in the office and had sex. He told me about the cabin and staying out all night with her. Then he tells me about coming up to her room.

I am crying. I cannot believe this.

"Jess, there is one more thing I haven't told you. Alessia is my mate." He whispered. I barely heard him.

"Oh god!" I yelled. I pushed him back and ran out. I ran downstairs and out the front door. I shifted and took off into the woods. I heard Jaxson behind me, but I just kept running.

It feels like I have been running for hours. Jaxson's wolf finally caught up with me and tackled me to the ground.

"Shift." He said. I shifted and he gave me the shirt he had while he put his shorts on.

One look at him and I burst into tears again. He grabbed me and tightly hugged me.

"I'm so sorry Jess." He said. I pulled back and wiped my face.

"Do you have any idea what you have done? Do you know the pain you're causing her? She is like a sister to me, the hell she has already been through and now this!" I yelled. Just standing there thinking about everything.

"Oh my god! You asshole! The pain she was having, you were fucking Becca! How could you do that to her?" I screamed. His face paled, he started shaking his head.

"Jess I swear, I didn't know she could feel it. I thought because she was human that she would only feel the pull. Oh my god, I'm sorry!" He pleaded.

"No you dumbass, when she told me that she would wake up to the pain in her chest, I thought she was having anxiety attacks, it didn't occur to me that my brother was her mate and he's basically cheating on her!" I yelled.

How am I going to help my best friend through this? Is she going to recover from this? First Jonathan and now my brother.

"What are you going to do? She is your mate; you are supposed to be with her, and you got Becca pregnant? Ugh." I asked. The tears are falling down his face.

"I'm going to stay with Becca because I love her, and she is pregnant with my child." He said and dropped his head.

"Please don't tell anyone she is my mate. I do not want to hurt her more than I have, and I do not want to hurt Becca. She cannot find out that I had sex with Alessia. I will stop having sex with Becca until we can figure something out. " He said.

We both just sat there on a fallen tree. It was almost morning. The sun was starting to come out.

"I won't tell her unless it is absolutely necessary." I said shifting back into my wolf and headed back home. I am so sorry Alessia.