Chapter 40

ALESSIA

I'm on my way to go see Molly. After hearing everything Emily and Jessica told me, I need to figure out how I'm going to deal with Micah. So after this, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I just told him this morning how it pissed me off how Jaxson kept things from me and he is doing the same thing.

Waking into the hospital area of the packhouse, Molly instructed me to where she wanted me to go. I went in and she handed me a sheet and gown to put on. While Emily and Jessica waited outside, I stripped out of my clothes, folding them and putting them on the counter. I put the gown on and sat on the exam table while covering my legs with the sheet.

I'm looking down at my phone when I heard the door open then shut. When I looked up, Jaxson was standing there.

"Hey I would like to be here when Molly examines you and the babies, is that ok?" He asked. I nodded. He sat down in the chair next to me. I can feel him staring at me but I refuse to look at him.

The only reason why he is here right now is because he is their father, otherwise I have nothing to say to him.

Molly walked in and bowed her head to her alpha. Then she looked at me with a smile. She asked me to lay back so she could examine me. Reaching in. She checked to feel if everything was ok. When she was done, she asked me to lift my gown.

When I lifted it, I glanced over at Jaxson and his eyes turned black and he was watching me. Molly measured my stomach, felt around then informed me that we were going to do another ultrasound.

Pulling the machine over, she put the gel on her stomach and moved the conductor around. She turned the sound on and I could hear the baby's heartbeat. I may have heard it at the last visit but hearing it again, it sounded much stronger.

She moved the screen into view and showed me both babies. They were moving around and didn't want to stay still. The love I had for them already gave me this indescribable feeling. I smiled and tears were coming down my face.

Jaxson got up from the chair and was focused on the screen. He had a smile on his face, his eyes looked glassy. I felt his fingers lightly graze mine which were resting at my side. The tingles were there, strong as ever. I pulled my hand away. Nope not happening.

He looked at me with such sadness and regret. He looked like shit.

Molly took some pictures and finished her measurements. When she was finished, she pushed the machine back to the side.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked

"I've been throwing up a few times a day, I gotta eat slowly so I can keep it down." I replied.

"Well I don't know if you are aware or not that this pregnancy is going to be different then your previous pregnancy. It's going to take a toll on you and your body. When they kick you, it's going to hurt. They are going to require more nutrients than that of a human baby so it's going to deplete your body to get that. You need to eat as much as possible. Even when you're not hungry, you need to eat. This is very important. If necessary we will hook you up to an iv and give you supplements through that. Also being alpha heirs, your pregnancy will only last 4-5 months. You need plenty of rest and no stress. I recommend you spend as much time off your feet." Molly said

"Molly, you mentioned that if I mark her, she will have a better chance of getting through this?" Jaxson said

"Yes, it will make her stronger. When she gets her wolf, her wolf will protect those babies and she will not shift until after they are born. It's too dangerous to shift while pregnant, it could potentially cause her to go into early labor or her body will terminate the pregnancy. On instinct, her wolf will know this." Molly said.

"What if I don't want him to mark me? Molly, you are aware of the situation, as of yesterday he chose someone else over me so I'm not letting him mark me just because they didn't work out." I said. Jaxson dropped his head down.

"Yes I am aware and in my professional opinion, it is the best chance you have but maybe we can visit the topic at a later time. Let's see how your body handles it first before making any final decisions." She said

Jaxson and I both shook our heads agreeing to what she said. I don't want to deal with this now.

"Alessia, you were born and chosen to be Luna of this pack. The moon goddess would not have done that if you were weak and incapable of carrying these babies. You were meant to carry them. Now, yes you were meant to be marked by him but hopefully you're strong enough without it. I have a lot more faith now knowing that, then I did yesterday when I suggested you terminate." She said leaving.

This is the first time I even thought about being Luna. Jessica told me about it but since finding out I was his mate, it never crossed my mind. But I'm not willing to accept Jaxson so I won't be Luna, at least not any time soon.

I got off the exam table and went to grab my clothes. Jaxson grabbed my arm to stop me. I looked at his hand on my arm before snatching it away.

"Don't. I don't want you touching me." I said.

"Alessia, we need to talk. There was a lot said here and we need to figure things out." He said.

"We don't need to do a damn thing, I will figure it out! I whispered yelled at him.

"Those are my children, you can't shut me out, I want to be a part of this, every step. Please just come and we can talk. You can set boundaries. I will do whatever you want. All I ask is that you stay here so I can protect you and be there if you need anything." He pleaded

"I don't want or need anything from you! What I want is to be as far away from you as possible but I won't keep you from your children so I have to figure out how you can be there for them. We are not going to be together. You made your choice and just because it didn't work out doesn't mean I'll be your backup." I yelled.

I put my clothes on while Jessica watched me and walked out. I went to the reception desk to make my next appointment. I'm scheduled to see Molly every week.

Jessica and Emily were waiting there for me. I walked outside, I needed some air. I felt all of them walking behind me.

Standing outside, I took a couple deep breaths. The air was cool and it felt really good. I closed my eyes and stood there.

"Please stay here, I'll stay away from you but you staying with Micah is not an option. Things are going on Alessia, you may not understand but this is serious. You and my pack are my top priority. I can't keep them safe if you're not. You are the key to destroying me and everything here." Jaxson said.

I thought about what Jessica and Emily told me earlier about if something happened to me, how it would affect him. I don't want people to die because of me.

"Fine I will talk to you but if you try to touch me or ask me to forgive you, I'm leaving." I said.