Chapter 38

ALESSIA

Getting to Micah's house. He kept looking at me. I'm sure he wanted to know what's going on but I'm not ready to talk about it.
My head is so messed up right now. I'm still trying to process everything. Alena is sleeping in my arms.
Micah escorted me to a room. He placed our bags down on the floor just inside the door.

"Your welcome to roam the house if you need anything and my room is right across the hall if you need to talk, good night." He said.

Putting Alena in bed and covering her up, I reach in my bag to get my things so I could take a nice hot bath.

While in the bath I'm replaying everything that happened. I can't believe it. Jaxson is my mate. It explains everything. The intense pull towards each other, the tingles, the way my body felt when he was close. I tried so hard to not want him and failed miserably.

What I don't understand why he didn't tell me. Maybe if he came to me and explained what he was going through, we could have worked this out together.

If Jaxson came into my life years ago when I was with Jonathan, I don't know what I would've done. I truly loved Jonathan and it would be hard to leave him for someone who just showed up out of nowhere. The difference is I would have been completely honest with both of them. There would be no secrets and that's the hardest part to get past.

Then there is the mess with Jessica. She is my best friend, my sister. I love her to death. When I got here, she dropped the bombshell about the whole Werewolf thing. I felt betrayed because she didn't feel like she could trust me to share that with me. She promised to never keep anything from me again then just weeks later I find out that there is yet another secret, a secret about me and she didn't feel compelled to tell me. Sometimes people do have a right to their own secrets so that's why I forgave her so easily even though it hurt my feelings a lot. The difference is this wasn't her secret to keep. It was about me. Something that would affect and change my life.

The only reason why she did tell me is because my life is at risk. If it hadn't been, would she ever have told me? I know he is her brother and she did this because he asked her to. That's when she should have stepped up and did the right thing, tell him to tell me or she would.

If you love a person, your not going to always tell them what they want to hear, you tell them the truth even if it hurts. That's what it means to be true and loyal to someone. That's being real. Who wants someone fake in their life?

Then with everyone else, you would think that one of them would have had enough sense to tell everyone else this wasn't right. I thought we were all getting close, like family. Nobody thought how this would affect me when I finally found out.

Then Micah came to mind. Does he know? I'm literally scared to ask. If he does know, that would piss me off. Why wouldn't he tell me? If his answer is because he thought he would lose a chance with me, I think I just might punch him. I'm so sick and over it with everyone else deciding what's best for me. But I don't know if he knows, I'm not going to get myself worked up until I find out.

The water started getting cold so I guess it's time to get out. I put my pajama pants and a tee shirt on. I climbed in bed with Alena. My head hurt with everything going on.

Laying in bed, there was a light knock on the door. I really wasn't in the mood to talk yet so I didn't answer. The door slowly opened a little and I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Micah stood there for a few seconds before leaving.

I'm still wide awake staring at the ceiling. I can't get my mind to settle down. I heard my phone alert me that I had a text message. Looking at it, I saw Jessica's message. It brought tears to my eyes.
Usually when I'm going through something, she is the one I turn to but I can't do that. I hate this. I know this is going to affect Alena too. She's never been away from Jessica, ever.

Regardless of what we go through, I don't think I can take Alena away from her. She loves her. I'm going to continue to let them see each other. I just have to figure everything else out.

I didn't respond to Jessica's text. I will see her tomorrow when I bring Alena to school while I go see Molly. I'm nervous about my visit with her again. She didn't seem to optimistic about this pregnancy but I'm going to tell her I'm going to continue with it and we will go from there.

Morning came too soon. I dozed off and on a little bit last night. It didn't help that I woke up twice running to the bathroom because I got sick.

Getting up, I went to the bathroom and got ready. I brushed my teeth, pulled my hair in a messy bun put on a little makeup so I didn't look so bad and got dressed. I wore a pair a skinny blue jeans and an off the shoulder black sweater. I put my black UGGs on. I got Alena's clothes ready but it's not time for her to get up yet.

Walking downstairs to the kitchen, James and Micah were sitting at the table drinking coffee eating their breakfast. When they heard me come around the corner, they stopped and looked at me.

"Good morning." I said. They both replied back saying the same thing. I grabbed a cup of coffee. I took a plate and put some toast, eggs and bacon. I'm starving. Sitting down next to Micah, they just watched me eat.
"Hey Alessia, are we going to talk about what happened last night? You were in a very bad way and we just want to make sure your ok." Micah said.

"Yeah I'm ok, I just found out some stuff that was kept from me and it upset me." I said. I'm still not sure how they fit in with everything going on and I don't want to reveal too much. I do know they hate Jaxson so I have to watch what I say to protect myself.

"I found out Jaxson was mate. I was pissed and went after him with a baseball bat. I destroyed his room and scared the shit out of him and Becca." I said and they both looked at me wide eyed and burst out laughing. I looked at them like really.

"Sorry but the image in my head of you doing that is hilarious. I could only imagine their reaction." James said. As I thought about it, it does sound kinda crazy but well deserved.

"Micah did you guys know he was my mate." I asked. They both got quiet and looked down. Well that gave me my answer. Damnit. Now I'm pissed. Who told them?

"Why didn't you tell me? I asked. Neither of them looked at me.

"Alessia, Jaxson should have told you but he didn't. He chose Becca and I thought if I told you and the history between you too, I would never have a chance. I lost my mate to him. I didn't want to lose you to him too." He said.

"Just because he is my mate doesn't mean I'm going to forgive and forget what he has done to me and go running to him. Yes there is a pull but I still have my own mind and what he did was wrong. You as my friend should have told me just like everyone else that knew." I was getting irritated. I got up and cleaned my plate and put it in the dry rack. I didn't want to talk to him anymore right now so I'm going to have to wait to ask him how he found out.

"I'm sorry. Yes I should have told you. I was wrong." He said.

"I have to get Alena ready for school and I have an appointment to get to then work. I'll see you later." I said walked out of the kitchen.

I got Alena dressed and ready to go. We were in the car heading back to the one place I didn't really want to be but it's important to see the doctor and Alena really enjoys her school and her friends. Until I figure out what I'm going to do permanently, I don't want to switch her around.

Pulling up to the packhouse, I feel my nerves building up. Jessica and Emily are standing outside waiting.