Chapter 28

JAXSON

Since Alessia left, I have been mentally going crazy. At the table, I had to hide it from everyone, especially Becca. I was not in the mood to hear their shit.

I let Becca's hand go and told everyone I had work to do. I had conference calls and I did not want to be disturbed.

Looking at my office, I had to clean it up. Putting the furniture back in place, picking up the paper all over the floor and organizing it back in the right files.

I sat in my chair, replaying my conversation back with Becca earlier. I really cannot believe that she went 2 fucking years without telling me she rejected her mate and has almost lost her wolf.

I cannot lose my wolf. I am an alpha. It is my job to protect my pack, I cannot do that without my wolf. I would be putting everyone's lives at risk. If anyone found out, we would be attacked. Innocent children will die. I would not even be able to protect my child.

My mind wandered to my pain in the ass mate. She is doing this on purpose to drive me insane. I give her credit because it is working. I cannot stop thinking about her. I called her but she did not answer. The second time she answered. She would not tell me where she was or who she was with. I begged her to come home. She told me no. She did tell me she loved me. When she said that, at that moment I was so happy. I could feel my wolf's happiness. He was pacing around in my head but then she hung up.

I called her all night. Repeatedly, I got her voicemail. I sent her text messages. She did not respond to not one. I spent the whole night and most of the day sitting in my office chair staring out the window. This morning there were knocks on the door, I just ignored them.

Late in the afternoon I finally came out of my office. I went upstairs and took a shower. Standing there, feeling the hot water hit me, I felt arms wrap around me.

I quickly turned around and just looked at her for a second before taking a step to get out. Becca hit me on the back.

"I'm getting sick of you always refusing me! Your mine and you haven't touched me in weeks!" She yelled.

"Becca you know we can't do that because Alessia can feel it. I cannot do that to her. Jessica told me what she went through, and I just can't. I'm sorry." I said.

"What about me? What about what I want and what I need? My hormones are all over the place and I want you to fuck me!" She yelled. She came at me quickly, grabbed me to get me to kiss her. I pushed her back.

"WAIT! You rejected your mate 2 years ago, so he has been feeling it all this time!" I yelled. She turned away from me. I grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

"How could you do that? Do you still feel the bond?" I asked. She yanked herself out of my grip. She walked to the other side of the room.

"Why can't you see I do not care about him, all I care about is you! We could both break the bond if you would just do it!" She screamed.

I grabbed the vase on the table and threw it at the wall in her direction. No, I was not trying to hit her, but I am frustrated and angry that she will not answer my questions, she will not tell me who it is. Her eyes widened and her body was shaking.

"I'm going outside to watch the training, when you're ready to talk to me and answer all my questions, come find me and we will go somewhere alone and quiet. Becca you will tell me today." I said. I left with no chance to give her to refuse.

I sat on the porch. I am watching Jake and Thomas lead several on my warriors in training. Trying to focus on them, they are looking good. I cannot help but feel proud of my pack.

Sometime later, Becca walked out the door and sat in the chair across from me.

I am watching a fight between my top warrior Brian and Thomas. It is an interesting fight. A couple times I thought Brian was going to get the better of him, but Thomas would always come out of it and get the upper hand. I could not help but laugh.

A car was coming up the driveway. That is Alessia's car. My body tensed up. My heart is beating fast. I could feel Becca looking at me.

She parked her car off to the side of the house by the kids. She got out and was attacked by all of them. They were tickling her, and I could help but smile. I love seeing her like this. The kids love her.

"Jaxson!" Becca called my name. I turned my head to face her. She was pissed. I got up and walked over to her.

"Let's go. I want answers." I said and got into my car. She got in and we drove off. We drove to a clearing in the woods. I pulled off to the side and shut my car off. We sat there in silence.

"Speak." I commanded.

"Jaxson please don't do this, I don't want to talk about it." She pleaded.

"Do you think I wanted to talk about Alessia with you, no I didn't but I had to. You had a right to know just as I do. I want to know everything."

"Fine. I saw my mate while I was out with Amy. He came up to me, we talked for a few minutes before I told him I did not want him, I wanted you. He was devastated. He begged me to reconsider but I did not. I left him standing there and never looked back." She said. I was waiting for her to continue but she did not.

"Becca, who is he? I was getting pissed. She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"It is Micah." She whispered. I was in shock. No, she did not just say that. Why does it always come back to him?

"So that is why he is going after Alessia, what to get back at me for taking his mate?! I yelled. I got out of the car. I turned around and punched the window. I kept punching, I hate that asshole and he is intertwined with both the women I love. I saw nothing but red. I wanted to rip him to pieces. Becca was behind me, crying and scared. She tried to stop me. I would not listen. She threw herself around my waist. She was not calming me down. She was making it worse.

Finally, after fucking up the side of my car, I stopped. Trying to catch my breath. I looked over and asked one question.

"Did you tell Micah that Alessia was my mate?" Wiping the tears from her face.

"No, I haven't spoken to Micah since that day." She said.

We got in the car and drove. I needed to get away from her to clear my head. I pulled up to the packhouse and told her to get out.

"I need to think, this is all too much." She got out and I drove off. I drove around for a little while before going home.

I came through the house, greeting random pack members and went out back. I scanned around looking for her. I saw her dancing with a teenage boy and instantly my wolf took control. He let out a deep loud growl. Everyone froze. Jessica came over trying to bring us inside. I would not move. Alessia came and we ended up in my office, I mind linked Jessica to get out, she looked nervous, but she did.

The next thing I know is my wolf grabbed Alessia and had her on the wall kissing her. She finally pushed me back, but I knew she noticed my wolf in control.

"Stop, we can't do this." She whispered. I slammed my lips on hers again. She kissed me back. My hands roamed her body. I kissed down her neck. I felt my teeth growing. He is going to mark. I don't even know if I have it in me to stop him.

Before he could pierce the skin, Alessia pushed back and screamed at me.

"Were you really just going to do that to me?! NO! No! You do not get to do this! How dare you! I told you we were done, and I meant it! I need you to leave me alone, you hurt me, and I won't let you do it anymore." She said whispering the last part.

She walked out.