Chapter 33

JESSICA

Oh my god, Alessia is pregnant. This is the last thing I expected her to say and I am in complete shock. I have no words right now.

When she showed me the picture of the ultrasound, I was so confused. There are two. The the...

"Yes I'm pregnant and I'm having twins." She said.

When I tell you that I am overjoyed, that is an understatement. I sounded like an idiot. I was not making any sense. I was rambling and screaming while jumping up and down.

The door opened, and Emily came. Telling her, she looked just as shocked as I was.

I cannot believe that Jax is going to be a dad. I know Becca is pregnant, but it has not registered yet and did not seem real. Holding this picture of the ultrasound, seeing them, makes this very real.

We sat there, Alessia was telling us that she went to the doctor today. I hate that she had to go alone.

When she was pregnant with Alena, I was there for everyone. I held her hand and make sure she never felt alone.

Having lost Jonathan and then going through the emotions of finding out she was having his child, was crazy. One minute she would be ok and the next, she would be crying hysterical.

I spent most nights in her room holding her, rubbing my hands through her hair just so she could fall asleep.

We must get her to our doctor and see what she says. Since our pregnancies go much faster than a normal pregnancy, the other doctor isn't suitable to give her the best care.

I mind linked our doctor telling her that we needed to see her as soon as possible, it was important.

Being the alpha's sister, she told me to come right away.

After filling out the papers, Molly called us back right away. She was asking questions and Alessia was answering. The look of fear on her face when she mentioned it was Jaxson's baby.

Suggesting terminating one or both, broke my heart. We were so happy just minutes ago and now, all I wanted to do was cry.

Alessia ran out but Emily and I stayed back. I wanted to talk to Molly without her. Emily closed the door and we all sat down.

"We wanted to talk to you about this, but we need to make sure that what we tell you, doesn't leave this room." I said to Molly. She looked slightly confused but nodded her head.

"Alessia is Jaxson's mate. She doesn't know because Jaxson hasn't told her yet." I said. She gasped.

"Why hasn't he told her yet? Why hasn't he claimed her?" She asked.

"The alpha isn't sure when the right time to tell her is. She is human and just found out about us recently. Being with Becca and finding out she is pregnant too has complicated everything." I said.

Molly got up and started pacing back and forth, placing her hands-on top of her head, processing all of this.

She stops and sits back down. "Alessia is his mate. Clearly the moon goddess would not have matched them together if she could not handle it. Maybe there is something we do not know. There is a reason she was chosen to be our Luna and we have to have faith in that." Molly said.

That made a lot of sense and eased some of my worries.

"If Jaxson claims her, will her chances be better?" Emily asked.

" I do believe it should make her stronger. Being marked by the alpha should allow her body to withstand this pregnancy. I don't know exactly for sure what's going to happen, I can contact some elders who might have more information, if you allow me?" Molly said.

Emily and I looked at each other and both nodded. All I care about is her safety. I do not care about all these secrets and lies if she is ok.

I know I promised both Jaxson and Alessia, but this is different. I am not going to lose my best friend or those babies. Not if I have a way that could probably prevent that.

Leaving the packhouse, I notice Alessia's car is gone. We drove back to the house and luckily it is parked there. Getting out, I set out to find her.

She is nowhere in the house. I looked out the kitchen window and I saw her and Alena out back playing with each other. She is smiling and laughing but I can see the pain in her eyes.

Giving them some time alone with each other, Emily and I sat in the kitchen. We must figure this out.

I'm so glad that she knows and I'm not the only one because I honestly don't think I could do this on my own.

Whichever way this plays out, it's going to be a disaster.

With all the shit that Jaxson has put her through and to find out she is his mate and he chose Becca. He did not tell her even after she asked him why she felt the way she did. Oh, she is going to explode.

Then Jaxson is going to be pissed that she did not tell him she is pregnant. Even though it is his fault for causing the situation, we are talking about my idiot brother. He is going to react first and think later.

I swear to God if he still rejects her again after all this. I am going to kill him. Brother or not, how stupid can one be.

But my biggest concern is how Alessia is going to take it. She has been lied to for weeks. We have all kept this from her and I do not know how she will react.

Pulled from my thoughts, Emily called my name. "When and how are we going to do this?" She asked

"I don't know, I know it has to be soon because I don't want nothing to happen to her and she is devastated with what Molly told her. How does someone even make that choice? I'm happy that she won't have to, but I'm still scared." I said

"Me too. Do you think she would leave?" She asked. I do not know. I shrugged my shoulders.

Sitting outside with them. You could see how upset Alessia is. She is trying to be strong but how much can one person take. I must tell her soon.

I take a deep breath and sit next to Alessia in the grass. I grabbed her hand and she squeezed it.

Just as I open my mouth to say something, Amy and Becca come walking into the back yard. They are arm in arm, talking and laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh hey, we didn't see you guys there." Becca said while laughing.

"What's got you so happy? Last time I saw you, you were a mess." I said. I couldn't help throwing it out there.

"Jaxson and I are going out on a date tonight. I have so much to do to get ready. We are going to discuss him marking me. Hopefully, he agrees." She said with the biggest smile on her face.

I looked over at Alessia and she did not look so good. I think she is going to be sick. I got up and grabbed her hand, we rushed back into the house with Alena following us ignoring the weird looks Amy and Becca were giving us.

Emily saw us and reached out to pick up Alena while I went into the bathroom with Alessia.

As soon as we got in there, she threw up everything in her stomach while I held her hair. She groaned in discomfort and laid down on the bathroom floor. I curled up next to her and gave her a big hug.

"Jess do you really think he's going to mark her?"