CHAPTER EIGHTEEN (Part One)

"Why did everything always seem so MAGNETIC every single time we were around each other?"- Isma and Hisham.

"The conference room!"

Just where exactly was this conference room and could someone please care to explain exactly how many rooms there were in this building and that too on just one particular floor?

Half walking and half running through the numerous hallways, Isma stopped to catch her breath with only one thing bothering her to the very max.

No, it wasn't the fact that she was late...

Again!

Neither was it the fact that she was lost.

It was only and only that...

She kept thinking as to what he would be thinking...

The Personal Assistant!

Yeah! She meant the CEO!

He...ummm...

Never mind!

Let's just choose to go back to much more important things like...

Where exactly was this conference room again?

***

Amusement!

An expression of great great amusement!

That was the only thing etched all over Hussein's face as he watched Hisham walk into the conference room, the biggest carton of all times safely tucked within his arms.

Inquisitively quirking one of his eyebrows as high as it could go, Hussein wasted absolutely no time in saying...

"I am hoping Hisham, hoping against hope that; that humongous carton is carrying nothing else other than reference files from all our previous projects!"

"Oh, yes those! Well unfortunately Baba, there was ABSOLUTELY no space at all left for them!"

"Is it now? Then whatever is that mammoth like carton carrying?"

"Stuff!"

"Stuff like?"

"Stuff! Stuff! You know..."

"Yeah! I mean, after your overly overwhelming and highly detailed response, how could I NOT be knowing? Plus, thank you! I probably wouldn't have been able to do even a minute more without the enlightenment!"

"Why, your welcome! I mean, no need to even mention it!"

Sending Hisham one of the most exaggerated eye rolls and hardest of glares ever, Hussein shook his head disbelievingly while deep down he couldn't help but feel greatly elated over the mere fact that as much as it was always just for a second or a minute, there were already a great deal of tiny winy glimpses of the 'Old Hisham' wishing to get caught.

Wondering as to what was taking Isma so terribly long, Hussein glanced at his wrist watch way too many times over the span of a minute and as much as he knew that Hisham was probably the last person on earth from whom he should be asking for Isma's whereabouts, he just couldn't help it...

"Hisham?"

"Yes, Baba?"

"Could you...I mean...could you by any chance be knowing where Isma is?"

"Isma?"

"Yes!"

"Isma? Isma who?"

"Really now, Hisham? Really?"