CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"Was it true? Had I never ever fallen in love in my life?"- Hisham Hosseini.

CONTINUATION...

"DO NOT MARRY ASIYA!"

Decisions!

Decisions!

Decisions!

Decisions merely meant making a choice.

A good choice at that.

Something that had never ever been a problem for Khaleel Othman.

For he was a man...

As transparent as glass.

A man...

Whose outspokenness was a weakness.

A man...

Who didn't beat around any type of bush.

Things were always very much the same as they were on the surface as they were deep; for Khaleel Othman.

The very last of things he ever did was...

To sugar coat and to butter!

To say that he was much taken aback by Hisham's words, would be quite the understatement but as someone who was very much collected 364 days a year, all he did was blink once after which he quickly replied with...

"The only person who can convince me not to marry Asiya is Asiya herself!"

Hisham's eyes instantly went wide only for them to get as large as saucers for Khaleel wasn't done yet.

"I also think that it's quite selfish of you Hisham, to ask that of me!"

Feeling nothing but greatly embarrassed and with guilt beginning to consume him bit by bit, all Hisham could do was slowly whisper back...

"I am sorry! I am truly very sorry, Khaleel!"

"You should be sorry, Hisham! You should be very sorry!"

Very well knowing that he had finally gotten the much stagnant ball to get rolling once again, Khaleel only but continued...

"Growth is a curve, Hisham!"

"A curve means that there are ups and there are also, most definitely downs!"

"Your curve however Hisham, has more downs than ups; if it does even have an up to begin with!"

"I honestly think that's quite disappointing!"

Khaleel's words couldn't help but cut through Hisham's heart like a sharp knife and he gently shut his eyes as a few tears trickled down his face after which he whispered...

"I am trying, Khaleel! I am truly trying!"

"Well then you're not trying hard enough, Hisham! You need to try harder! Much harder!"

"I am!"

"You are not!"

"I am!"

"I SAID, YOU ARE NOT!"

An immense, five second pin drop silence then loomed over the room only for a very much broken Hisham to do away with it by loudly gulping down a tall glass of ice cold water.

Not at all being there to play, Khaleel merely went on...

"It can for sure be taken into any kind writing that you were indeed wronged, Hisham!"

"Greatly wronged!"

With his head hanging down as low as ever, Hisham listened very intently only for his head to shoot up straight the second Khaleel said...