CHAPTER TWENTY ONE (PART ONE)

TRIGGER WARNING...

"Why did I always feel that my biggest and my most saddest truth ever was the fact that I myself, was MY biggest ENEMY?!"- Isma Taib.

AVOID!

Have you ever tried your very best to avoid something?

Leaving literally, NOT even a single stone unturned?

Leaving no chance for a chance?

That was the only thing Isma had her heart fully set out on as she worked her fingers to the very bone in making not just one, not two; but almost all of Yusuf's most favourite dishes.

He had asked her for a treat right?

Then she would most definitely give him one...

Her way!

Having chosen nothing but perfection down to the very last spice, Isma leaned back against the kitchen counter, a much tired sigh escaping her lips as she very much hoped against hope that her tremendous efforts would bear her nothing else but the much needed fruits.

No...

There was not even a single chance in a million that she would ever choose to willingly go out with Yusuf.

Definitely not tonight and hopefully never ever in whatever remained of her lifetime.

Whenever it came to Yusuf, literally everything and anything came with nothing but...

Strings attached!

Way too many strings attached!

Her entire body immediately shuddered just at the mere thought and she quickly and very much tightly shut her eyes while even more tightly hugging herself as millions of thoughts began zapping through her mind at a speed way faster than that of lightning.

Yusuf!

He was very much still, just but her fiancé.

Just a fiancé!

Nothing more!

Yet whatever emotions he always stirred up within her as he fiancé every single time, would leave her feeling nothing but extremely traumatised and scarred.

Scarred maybe, just maybe, for life!

It didn't really matter if she was going to say this for what was like the umpteenth time but she really needed to continuously question and remind herself again and again of the fact that...

He was still; just but her fiancé!

What of when he would finally become...

Her Husband?!

Fear instantly paralysed every single inch of her body, hot tears staining her eyes as her heart did nothing but weep uncontrollably from deep down inside.

No!

She didn't want to make him hers and neither did she want to become his! Ever!

She could do literally everything and anything but that...

Not that...

Just not that!

What though of the fact that he had actually made her his in almost every way but just one?

What of that, Isma? What of that?

Feeling like screaming her entire heart out due to nothing but pure frustration and guilt, she slid down to the kitchen floor, opened her mouth but no sound came out as tears continuously streamed down her face, her heart breaking bit by bit as it slowly and fully dawned on her more than ever, the fact that...