CHAPTER TWO

"Your reflection in the mirror should be of the person you truly are and not of the person other people want you to be!"- Amalk807

A woman!

Which words could one use to describe a woman?

More so, what exactly made a good woman?

Was it her beauty?

Was it her character?

Or was it the huge number of sacrifices she made throughout her entire life?

These were just but a few of the millions of questions that kept crisscrossing Isma's mind as she sadly stared at herself in the mirror, being totally unimpressed with what she saw.

This was most definitely not her!

The very beautiful though almost figure hugging dress, the overly glittery hijab, her well done extremely light makeup along with the pink coloured lip gloss that brought more attention to her lips than needed.

Why did all of these feel so terribly wrong?

Well, simply because they were and the last thing she ever wanted was to adorn herself for a man other than her husband.

Husband!

The one word she detested with all of her heart.

The one word that made her feel extremely suffocated and made her feel trapped.

Trapped within a mind-set.

The longer she stared at herself in the mirror, the more and more she knew what she exactly did not want!

She did not want to get married!

She had her dreams. She had her aspirations. She had a passion.

The strongest, most uncontrollable passion for nothing else but architecture.

For as long as she could remember, she had always been someone who deeply believed that each and everything told a story.

That nothing was ever just mere stones and bricks.

That there was much much more to life and that was exactly what she wanted to discover.

She wanted to feel, she wanted to create, she wanted to tell a story.

Marriage was something that she had never considered to be a milestone.

Not now. Not ever.

With her mind all made up and with some now, newly profound eagerness, she quickly took of her makeup, rushed to her closet and pulled out the baggiest shirt and sweat pants she owned along with a plain black hijab and hastily put them on and this time upon seeing her reflection in the mirror, a warm smile couldn't help but light up her beautiful face.

Now this, made her happy!

Her thoughts were cut short when she heard her younger sister loudly yell her name from downstairs and she rolled her eyes while shaking her head in disbelief because she very well knew that the lazy little brat must have been told to come to all the way upstairs to call her but she just chose not to.

Annoying siblings!

Well, two could definitely play the same game.

"WHAT?" she too shouted back as she quickly tied the laces of her sneakers.

"GOSH! CAN YOU COME DOWN ALREADY?"

"NO BUT WHY?"

"YUSUF IS HERE!"