CHAPTER FOUR

"Healing was going to be a way lot harder than expected because I was nothing but a prisoner of my past!"- Hisham Hosseini.

There was warmth.

There was happiness.

There was peace.

There was also, not forgetting to mention, lots and lots of different types of...

EXTREMELY STICKY JAM!

There was plum jam, strawberry jam, cranberry, raspberry – all his literal favs but what really caught his eyes making his to heart swell with profound joy was the sight of nothing else but his daughter.

His cute, five-year-old daughter.

Who seemed quite the bit busy, sitting on the kitchen's huge countertop with both her tiny hands stuck arm deep, down two different jars of jam.

A huge smile lit up his face upon seeing how truly adorable she looked and on moving just a tad bit closer to her, he whispered...

"Hey, my love."

"Hey, Baba!"

Tears immediately stained his eyes while his much fragile heart got flooded with so many different kinds of emotions, making it nearly close to impossible to even try to describe how truly overwhelmed he felt, the second he heard that word...

Baba!

The one word that sort of made him feel grounded!

Making him feel like he was finally worth something or someone.

Making him feel inexplicably different and it was only him and him alone who truly knew how long he had waited to feel this way.

He amusedly watched her for a while as she playfully covered herself with jam and when he was just not able to contain himself any longer, he asked...

"Hayati?"

"Yes, Baba?"

"What are you doing, my love?"

She immediately turned to face him with a cute little smile that showcased her perfect set of white milk teeth before cheekily replying with...

"Nothing Baba!"

"Are you sure?"

"YEPPPP!"

He knowingly smiled at her trying his very best not to laugh out loud when he noticed how she quickly pulled out her tiny little hands that were still stuck way deep down the different jars of jam and cutely hid them behind her back.

With every single step he took towards the kitchen counter, her cheeky smile would only but widen and upon getting to the very edge, he once again asked...

"Are you sure you are doing nothing Hayati because from what your Baba can see, I would say you have been quite the bit busy getting sticky or should I say messy or..."

He however was not able to finish what he was saying because she immediately pushed herself towards him and much to his delight, placed both her sticky hands on either sides of his face.

He playfully scrunched his nose pretending to be disgusted and the second he heard her burst into laughter, he couldn't help but laugh along with her as well.

"Hayatiiiii!" he loudly exclaimed, the second her felt the sticky jam on his beard.

"Babaaaaa!"