Ch 28 - The Nature of Your Gear

You walk with Irina back to where your wife and Lord Michael was. You reach the inner sanctum where they were at and you fall down in pain as your hand and wrist starting throbbing really bad. You were trying to look up at Grayfia while the pain was searing through your hand and wrist but the pain became too much causing you to pass out. As you were slipping into unconsciousness, you could hear Irina calling for medics.

You wake up in a bed. You look to your left side and see Grayfia sleeping in a chair.

"Ahhh. You are finally awake." you hear Irina say startling Grayfia awake.

Grayfia rushes to your side grabbing you and hugging you tightly. While Grayfia is hugging you, the rest of the Gremory household come in.

"You gave Grayfia quite a scare. I'm glad to see you are awake though. I do have some news for you. Your training partner will be Koneko. I hope you will accept her as a training partner." Rias says.

You look over at Koneko and shake your head yes. You notice that Koneko's ears and tail are out. It seems she felt more comfortable having them out. You also notice Kuroka there by Koneko's side. You smile at her. While everyone decided to chat among themselves wondering how things were going to go for a training exercise, you slowly climb out of the bed. You noticed that you didn't have any shirt on and kind of felt embarrassed feeling that it was wrong to be even partially exposed for any part of your body for being in heaven. Irina thinking ahead and seeming to know what you were thinking, grab a shirt of a hanger and handed it to you. You put the shirt on and once you seemed ready and dressed, everyone turns towards Rias.

"Shall we begin since you seem to be alright?" Rias asks.

"Let's get the training started. I've waited too long to start." you say.

Everyone follows Irina out as she motions for them to follow her. It didn't take long to realize where you were going to once you saw a huge coliseum.

"So here is the plan. Since your sacred gear reacts to strong emotions from protecting people the training is going to go a certain way. Koneko will be trying to hit Grayfia with balls of energy to practice on focusing and (F/N) will be using his sacred gear to either block or deflect attacks." Irina says.

You, Grayfia, Koneko, Kuroka and Irina head into the arena part while the rest of the group head to the stands to take a seat and watch. The stadium seemed to be filled with a bunch of angels and you could even see that Sir Zechs was there to watch. You guessed it must of been a big deal for a devil to wield the power of Excalibur and see a Nekomata in action. You and Grayfia take one side while Kuroka and Koneko take the other side. Irina grabbed something and headed to the middle of the arena. Once she got to the middle of the arena, she raise the device up and pulled a string. The device made a loud bang and Koneko started making a ball of energy on her hand. You braced yourself thought about nothing but protecting Grayfia. Koneko started to release balls of energy quickly all of a sudden and without thinking you seemed to move so fast in front of Grayfia that it was like you teleported. You had been prepared so you were quick to start blocking the attacks. You noticed that as Koneko got faster with the attacks, that you seemed to get faster with keeping up on blocking. The training between both you and Koneko seemed to go on for hours. After a while Kuroka called stop. Both you and Koneko stopped. You could see sweat pouring down Koneko's face when all of a sudden she collapsed. Before anyone else could reach her, you seemed to have teleported to her and catch her before she completely hit the ground. You could tell she was still breathing. Just seemed to be exhausted. Kuroka reached your side in a few seconds and you handed her Koneko. Kuroka held her hand over Koneko and a light emitted from her hand over Koneko. After a few seconds, Koneko groaned and opened her eyes.

"Well I think that is enough for today. I have gathered enough data to make a good accurate guess what part of Excalibur is inside you. Give me a few hours to report this to Lord Michael to confirm it." Irina says before taking off.