Jaded

You know me. I like drama, it has been nice and calm but it's not our style. Let us turn up the heat!

Chapter 15

Bai Yang Liu
Royal Princess Bai
The Grand Palace

Yang Liu hurled her back a little bit more and let the hot waters hug her body as it swirled. So relaxing and good, she needed this.

"Your Highness," her court lady rushed into her bathing room.

"You are disturbing me, I am not done," she groaned.

"Your Highness, there is news! Her Highness must hear this!"

Yang Liu sat up and held her knotted hair in the process, not willing to wet it.

"It is said that last night, His Majesty arrived with Lady Wei."

"This, we were all expecting," her brows knitted.

"Not only that, Your Highness. Everyone wondered why His Majesty had the urgency of coming back if he had found his long sought beloved. Why did they not go away to spend some time away, celebrating their reconciliation? Turns out there was a valid reason the Dragon Palace had concerning his immediate return."

"Enlighten me."

"On the same night he returned, visitors from Huticah also arrived."

"Visitors?"

"King Chang An and his queen are said to be currently in the middle grounds of the palace."

"General Feng?" Yang Liu's eyes bobbed, unable to take the sudden news.

"Apparently, he is here to establish peace between our empire and their country, Your Highness. However, that is not what is the matter."

Yang Liu rose and dutifully one of the maids ran to her with a fabric for cover. How could she continue to enjoy her peaceful bath after hearing this upsetting news? What was he doing back in Nevoria?

"What is more disturbing, Your Highness, is that everyone boasts about how entranced the king is with his new bride. Apparently, it is well known in Huticah that the king is protective of his bride, cares for her, and everything she says he is all ears and will do it."

But he did not do all that for her.

"Everyone says she is beautiful and her face is as remarkable to the magnitude of Lady Wei. They are similar in appearance that people are speculating whether she will also capture the heart of the emperor that His Majesty will kill King Chang An and seize Huticah just to attain her―"

Yang Liu almost fell if not for the doorway into her chambers she held onto.

"Your Highness, are you all right?"

"Never say such nonsense again in my presence," Yang Liu did not recognize her cold voice.

"Yes, Your Highness, yes. But are you all right?"

It felt as if a heatwave hit her body, yet it was still morning. "I am well. Help me change into my garments and escape to the Imperial Garden for a breath of fresh air."

"Your Highness," the court lady hesitated, "this servant is afraid that cannot be done."

"Why? They are there?" Yang Liu berated.

"No, Your Highness. Not that. It is only because the emperor has called for a royal breakfast."

"A royal breakfast? Feng Chang An is a traitor to the nation!" And her heart. "Why must we have this to honor them?"