Barbarian

Chapter 35

Bai Yang Liu
Royal Princess Yang Liu

"Your Highness, this servant thinks we have gone too far from the others. Please, let us go back."

"I saw a mountain hare just now. There is probably more, and I want to hunt one," Yang Liu insisted. She was so excited about being on the mountain for exploration, and also, there were so many animals on it.

Her elder brother always looked down on her, wait till she told him she shot something they could eat for dinner. He would not believe it.

The dried grass crackled under their feet as they proceeded. Their eyes were wild and alert to any movement, not wanting to miss on any animal that would pass by.

"Your Highness, this servant also thinks this is not wise. Look at the sun, it is setting, and we are away from the men meant to protect you." It was her eunuch who reasoned this time.

Yang Liu fiddled with her bow and arrow to ensure the readiness in her attack. It was General Feng who taught her how to use the bow and arrow, surely she would not miss.

An eagle cried from above her, taking her attention from the forest.

"Look at that!" Yang Liu howled. "Birds! We could eat birds instead." There was an eagle not as high up, while further into the sky were two black birds; probably crows.

"What do you think about an eagle for food?" Yang Liu stretched her bow as she inserted her arrow, then stretched it to the maximum before releasing.

The arrow burst from her hands, springing into the air. Unexpectedly, she did not miss, the arrow pierced the eagle which shrieked in pain before giving up on life in the midst of its descent.

"Yes!" Yang Liu squealed as the eagle thudded on the ground, motionless. "Aiya, I am still as good."

Her maid ran to pick the bird.

"We can go back now." Yang Liu turned to lead the way. She could consider this day a success. Not just anyone could hunt down an eagle with such precision. Her brother was going to be envious, had he even hit an eagle before?

"Your-your Highn..." Her eunuch stuttered from behind.

"What is it? Now you are slowing us down when you were both complaining that I was taking time." Yang Liu looked back annoyed, only to falter when she realized they were not alone. Just above them were two giant men afloat.

Furians.

"Foreigners hunting us. What a felony." A man with heavy blonde hair casually said, peculiarly smiling, while the tone of his voice spoke otherwise. Both of them wore no upper garment to cover their chests, only trousers in black.

"I did not hunt you. I just wanted the eagle," Yang Liu responded. Thinking back, they must have been the two birds she assumed to be crows.

"You are trespassing." The other said. He had dark brown hair, and appeared moody compared to his creepy friend who kept smiling at her.

"This land belongs to none," Yang Liu defended.

"Only the mountain belongs to none, and you crossed it." They both flew to the ground and stood with their hands folded on their chest. A stance of intimidation. "No one may hunt for a bird on the land of Furia," Blonde haired finished.

"We are at the foot of the mountain, so this land belongs to none." Yang Liu also folded her hands. Who did they think they were?

"The foot of the mountain is on the Furian side, so you are on our land," Blonde haired arrogantly smirked.