Fly

Chapter 36

Bai Yang Liu
Royal Highness Yang Liu

“Let me go!” Yang Liu hit Lance hard and still, he did not flinch. “What you are doing will have you dead. My brother will not forgive you. When my servants wake up, they will go and report you.”

“I know. That is what we want, him to know and come searching for you.”

“Why? Just because of a bird I killed?”

“No. He has what belongs to us.”

Yang Liu closed her eyes to avoid the wind from drying her eyes. She could not look down, otherwise she would vomit at the sight of being so far off the ground, flying to a place only Lance knew.

Her small body was against Lance’s hard rock of a body as he carried her with one hand on her back and the other on her bent knees. She tucked herself into his chest as it was hard to breathe with all the wind blowing against her face.

“Please, let me go,” her voice came out resignedly. She was tired of shouting.

“No, Princess.”

“I will give you whatever you want.”

He guffawed. “Everything I want, I have.”

“Please, let me go.”

“I said no.”

“Please, Lance.”

"All right," he chuckled this time. “If you insist.”

Out of nowhere, she was tossed out of his hands and flying down. Fear gripped her body. He just let her go. She went rigid and pierced the air with her loud terrified shrill.

“Lance!”

Yang Liu had never felt so light as her body recklessly succumbed straight to the ground. Was this really the end of her? She did not want to die, no, not yet.

“Help!”

She squinted her eyes and braced for the inevitable. Surely, her brother would avenge her the same way he did with Gurio.

Her body was then flailed like a ragged doll as two strong arms took her up again. She fell flat onto Lance’s body, straightway she knew it was him, the mint scent, the way he held her to him unabashedly as if they belonged together.

This time she clung onto him as fast as she could. Her hands circled his neck and legs wrapped around his torso. She had never been that afraid.

The rumble of Lance’s stomach could be felt by her legs as he laughed. “Didn’t you say I should let you go?”

She shook her head, still terrified to speak. All she could do was hold him tight.

It was a while later that she felt him start to descend. His speed had slowed down, the air not going against them hard.

They came to a standstill and Lance’s body relaxed. She still held on, not willing to let go and face whatever lay ahead. Could she just not open her eyes and simply find herself in Nevoria?

Her stomach growled and an ache spread through her belly.

Lance began walking and the scent of wood, mint, and cherry was in the atmosphere they entered.

Her eyes opened and she realized they were in a manor.

It was a manor built on wood, spacious with green complementing brown and black. The set up was not what you would see back at home. Their manors were different. They had a fantastical appearance as beautiful stones gleamed at every corner, glass decorations draping from the roof of his welcoming room. They did not have cushions for seating, but rather chairs and stools.